Remind Me. Ellens Engery..

Mel6197

Mrs. Public Works
Hi all

I for the life of me cant remember the attraction.. All I do remeber is going in the room watching Ellen and her nightmare about a TV Game Show.. Bill Nye, and then getting into the ride, Seeing the Dinosaurs.. Then NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING. And at the end a Reminder Movie.. Can anyone fill in the Middle.. :):wave2:

That would be the Universe Of Energy in Future World @ EPCOT!

I just finished watching the video of our 1997 trip - Disney Done Right! (DDR)

It was called DDR because it was our first Onsite stay!

Good Memories!

Its the ride I take about a 25 minute nap on...lol
But it is about energy and how energy is formed and/or produced.Bill Nye shows Ellen who is playing Jepordy..SP?
helps her understand some of the answers to the questions in the energy catagorey. Not a bad break from the heat.

Maybe someone else can fill you in more.
Lori

It was sponsered by Exxon, but Exxon withdrew its sponsorship after Hess took over the Onsite Gas Stations!

I remember this ride from the 1965 NY Worlds Fair - It was sponsered by Sinclair Oil...Remember the big Green Dinoursaur?

omg EEA is awesome! it's like one of my favorite rides. it begins with a introductory video where ellen sets the story behind the ride about how she fell asleep and dreamed about being on jeopardy with her nemisis and einstein and all of the questions are about energy. then we load into the ride vehicles and see the history of energy starting with the big bang and continuing through prehistoric times with animatronic dinosaurs. you end back up in ellen's dream on jeopardy after she has learned everything there is to know about energy and ends up winning with the final jeopardy question of WHAT IS THE ONLY POWER SOURCE THAT WILL NEVER BE DEPLETED? I wont give the answer away but just think about it, hint hint. thats it!

I dunno about some people that find the ride boring. I really enjoyed it, and Ellen gives the attraction the comic "edge" it needs.

Sometimes I get tired of all of the Epcot bashing, especially where this attraction is concerned. Ellen's Energy Adventure makes the Universe of Energy pavillion shine. She uses her gift of comedy very well. I never find the show boring because I am always amazed when the theater breaks up into ride vehicles. Bill Nye is also quite interesting and then of course there's Stupid Judy, aka Jamie Lee Curtis. It's quite fun.

Spam explained it very well. The ride thru pre-historic time is cool and not too scary for kids (not like Dinosaur at AK). My kids love it.

There are those who ask "what's there to do at Epcot for kids". Well, for my 8 yr. old, that's her favorite park!!

Enjoy Ellen!

Cutekatcar

We went on this ride for the first time in 2003. We loved it!:earsboy:

Can't wait for Soaring Over California to open at Epcot in the old location of Food Rocks.::yes::

Originally posted by Mel6197
Hi all

I for the life of me cant remember the attraction.. All I do remeber is going in the room watching Ellen and her nightmare about a TV Game Show.. Bill Nye, and then getting into the ride, Seeing the Dinosaurs.. Then NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING. And at the end a Reminder Movie.. Can anyone fill in the Middle.. :):wave2:

LOL!!!:jester: That's all I remembered the first few times I rode it..... I kept falling asleep!!!!!!!! ::yes::

It's a great ride (dinosaurs are my favorite part) and it's one of the best places to take a break from the heat (it's a rather long ride - can't remember how long).

Originally posted by Lori-n-NY
Its the ride I take about a 25 minute nap on...lol

Good, you can help drown out my snoring a little with yours. I despise this ride.

Could be cause I hate Ellen. Or maybe it's because I hate Jeopardy. Wait, I don't hate Jeopardy. Must be Ellen. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter