Rename me SSRConvert!

bavaria

<font color=deeppink>Makes the best of both worlds
Well, here is my somewhat overdue review of my recent stay in a studio at SSR. I promise that I’ll try to be brief!! I had a quick long weekend between travels for work, and ended up spending a lot of time working during this short ‘vacation’.

I did rent a car as always, so can’t comment on the bus system. Also a note that I spend about 275 nights/year in brand new four and five star hotel rooms for work, so I consider myself a ‘hotel room expert’!

Check in: :rolleyes1
At 11am, the wait was 20 minutes; there was an expediter trying to clear some of the line. Once it was my turn, service was excellent – very personal service, some of the best I have had at WDW while checking in

Room location: :Pinkbounc
Congress Park, top floor studio, last room on the end of the building. View of Bongo’s, Cirque du Soleil, House of Blues looking straight ahead, and Rainforest Café looking to the left. Probably the best view I have ever had at WDW. I had had a choice of the Springs or Congress Park; this room was not ready at 11am but the desk clerk suggested that it was worth waiting for – it was!

The walk to DTD was about 5-7 minutes, another plus

Noise level: :listen:
Absolutely quiet! I am a dozer rather than a sound sleeper, but actually slept. I know that I had different neighbours at least two nights of my stay, but never heard them. Nor was there noise from the stairwell next to my room

Quality of guest room: :cloud9:
Excellent; almost brand-new condition. Bed a little softer than I am used to in new hotels, pillows a little thicker than I like, but those are personal preferences. I particularly like the sofa with ottoman (with a tray on top to be used as coffee table if needed) – one of my hotel room likes is somewhere to sit (other than the bed) while watching TV or reading

I will admit that when I first toured SSR, I really didn’t like the outside corridors – they looked like a low cost attempt to be indoor corridors, if that makes sense. Well, I never noticed them during my stay – they weren’t as dark as I had thought.

Kitchen was well stocked with a dozen plates and bowls vs the 4 I usually receive in studios. My only peeve is the 12 cup coffeemaker, which takes up too much counter space. I would think that a 4-6 cup coffeemaker would suffice for most studio guests. All other appliances were in brand new condition.

Resort amenities: :sunny:
I frankly didn’t use them much; did wander around on my last day. I have eaten at Artist’s Palette before and find it a very middle of the road menu (with good reason, I suspect, being that they don’t have much space and need to please the greatest number of people with a small menu)
Looking forward to the Turf Club Restaurant, but that area looks somewhat small for a restaurant

Atmosphere:
Sadly this trip involved a lot of work from my last project (I received phone calls while riding the TTA, outside Morocco, in the Land, etc etc!!). I spent a lot of time in my room working, but the HSIA worked well, and the spectacular view made it almost bearable

Overall rating: :teeth:
I rate this stay as ‘excellent’. It served me well for my purposes, but I can see how others would find Congress Park remote, in particular with no car. I will definitely return, but would hesitate to send some of my family members there, only because they may find it 'out of the action'. As always, I believe that is important to choose a resort based on the intention of your vacation, and SSR served me well this trip. I will definitely return and in fact have a December stay already booked!

Too bad that you had to work during your vacation, but I'm glad that you enjoyed your SSR stay!

Bobbi :flower:

Thanks for your post and review. A co-worker stayed at SSR recently and here is a snipit of her comments: "It was much better than expected!" and added she was glad she didn't change resorts because you can't believe all that you read!

Annmarie

BCVOwner2002 said:
Thanks for your post and review. A co-worker stayed at SSR recently and here is a snipit of her comments: "It was much better than expected!" and added she was glad she didn't change resorts because you can't believe all that you read!

Annmarie

I am in full agreement - it really shows that you need to experience it for yourself to decide. I'm just glad that this means that I will now enjoy any of the WDW DVC properties, as I've had great stays at all of them over the years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter