Renewing annual pass

FSU Girl

DIS Veteran
We are thinking of renewing our annual passes, but we would need to upgrade from the silver pass to the premium pass so we can use it on NYE. It mentions getting a 15% discount for renewing, but does that mean we only can get the silver pass again? This would be my first time renewing. I was thinking with the discount it would be worth it

It's definitely worth it! You'll be getting the 15% discount on the platinum price which is a great savings!

Thank you both! I just renewed and upgraded :)

Do you know if I need to stop by the guest services to pick up a new annual pass card, or is our current one still okay to use?

To me, renewing is a no-brainer, especially for Florida residents. No down payments and monthly payments so low we never even miss them. They've got me in their trap forever. lol

To me, renewing is a no-brainer, especially for Florida residents. No down payments and monthly payments so low we never even miss them. They've got me in their trap forever. lol
We were on the fence since we weren't planning on going back until November for our wedding, but now we're going to plan some weekend trips before then to make the passes worth while. The annual pass is addicting

We were on the fence since we weren't planning on going back until November for our wedding, but now we're going to plan some weekend trips before then to make the passes worth while. The annual pass is addicting

It IS addicting. We have toyed with the idea of not renewing for a year, but chickened out and renewed. :rolleyes1 Now, we were talking about skipping next year, but I know full well that is not going to happen either. It's like a drug!!! If we couldn't keep it on payments that just come out of the bank directly, I would be able to quit. As is, I'm probably in it for life.

It IS addicting. We have toyed with the idea of not renewing for a year, but chickened out and renewed. :rolleyes1 Now, we were talking about skipping next year, but I know full well that is not going to happen either. It's like a drug!!! If we couldn't keep it on payments that just come out of the bank directly, I would be able to quit. As is, I'm probably in it for life.
When you renewed did you have to get a new card or could you keep using the one you had previously?

When you renewed did you have to get a new card or could you keep using the one you had previously?

The old one will work, but I just recently renewed and asked for a new card so that the date will reflect into next year. Probably will only make a difference when showing at the parking entrance, or maybe for a discount. With the old date, it will probably need to be scanned which just adds another layer to the process. Not a big deal either way.

Do you have to renew your annual pass at the parks or can it be done online? How close to the day you originally bought AP can you renew? Last question, Looking online, it shows annual platinum pass to be $849, is that for renewal too? I’m trying to figure out what our best purchase is.

Do you have to renew your annual pass at the parks or can it be done online? How close to the day you originally bought AP can you renew? Last question, Looking online, it shows annual platinum pass to be $849, is that for renewal too? I’m trying to figure out what our best purchase is.
I'm not sure about the window, I think it's like 30 or 60 days from when your pass expires. I renewed mine online. A button appeared asking if I wanted to renew my pass. There's a 15% discount if you renew. I'm not sure of the cost, but look up the annual pass price when you're not logged in and then check when you are to see if the discount is showing. If you aren't within your window it might not show you the discount.

Renewing was really easy to do, it said we can continue to use our magic bands and the new pass will start as soon as our current one expires. Our pass expires on May 20.

I'm not sure about the window, I think it's like 30 or 60 days from when your pass expires. I renewed mine online. A button appeared asking if I wanted to renew my pass. There's a 15% discount if you renew. I'm not sure of the cost, but look up the annual pass price when you're not logged in and then check when you are to see if the discount is showing. If you aren't within your window it might not show you the discount.

Renewing was really easy to do, it said we can continue to use our magic bands and the new pass will start as soon as our current one expires. Our pass expires on May 20.

Thx!

How close to the day you originally bought AP can you renew?

AP renewals have a window of 60 days BEFORE, and 30 days AFTER the expiration/anniversary date of the current AP.

And, under certain specific situations due to the timing of an upcoming WDW trip,
the "60 days before expiration" window can be extended by Disney.
The guest needs to ask for that extension.

I’m traveling in late September early October. I come back home on 10/4, will they let me renew my pass even though it expires on 12/7?

I’m traveling in late September early October. I come back home on 10/4, will they let me renew my pass even though it expires on 12/7?

Yep, you can do it 3 months in advance or 30 days after the expiration date. Have a great trip!

Yep, you can do it 3 months in advance or 30 days after the expiration date. Have a great trip!

Sorry, not 3 months in advance.

The normal renewal window is about 2 months (actually 60 days) before the anniversary/expiration date of the current AP (and yes, up to 30 days following the expration date.

Although, the "60 days before expiration" window can be extended a bit by Disney, if an upcoming trip will be "split" by an AP expiration date.
The guest needs to ask for that extension.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter