Renovation of main POR pool?

faith

DIS Veteran
Seems I saw on here the Riverside(DixieLandings) main pool is being renovated. Will it done by Thanksgiving? Thanks for any help.

There was a thread similiar to this a couple weeks ago, I called POR riverside and talked to the "pool bar", I was told that the pool was going to be closed in January (originally it was Sept/Oct) but had been changed to January. I also received an email response that said the same thing. The pool will be closed for about a month to add fountains, replace the bridge and change the water slide. I am planning on calling the resort again just to make sure before we leave as the pool is very important to us!!

Thanks for the info Is1222! I read somewhere that there is fencing up and the main pool is in bad condition. I hope that's not true. Son and family going in November, and three years ago they loved the pool area. I have been desiginated to get all the DIS updates for them. These boards are great!:D

Your welcome-the cm at the pool bar said that there is "fencing" up as the bridge is in need of repair and not safe to swim under or walk on. He said it does look ugly but the slide is still usable. I guess I can live w/ that as I did not want to have to use the quiet pools only. The cm said when the pool is done (probably sometime in Feb) that it will be great!! You may want to call "muddy rivers" before your trip to find out the latest info (as it seems to change daily).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter