Rental car return from OKW

Dennis the WDW Menace

Mouseketeer
We used National for renting a car to get us to OKW and then turned it in at the MK enterance auto center. With a big group it saves us time and money and we can shop the evening we arrive in Orlando. Is National still on site at WDW, I have seen some posts that indicate that National will no longer be the "chosen" auto rental comapny of WDW? I don't want to start a rumor but just trying to set some plans for our nest trip.

Alamo and National are owned by the same parent company. Alamo is now the official car of WDW and is also the car company for tourists with National concentrating on the business traveler. That said....I don't know what is happening with the Car Center and being able to drop off cars. If you can't get an answer here, maybe the Transportation Board on the DIS can help.

The National web site still lists the Car Care Center as one of their locations. National and Alamo have been combining locations in Florida (they are already combined at the counter and in the garages at MCO) so it is possible that the Car Care Center will be a dual-branded facility. I would book a reservation on the National web site, choosing the Car Care Center as the drop off point. If you can make the reservation, you should be good to go.

Note that National continues to offer the Disney Club discount (now through all of 2003) even though Alamo is becoming the "official car rental company of WDW". I actually got a better discount using my AARP membership for our January trip, but the DC discount has usually been the best deal I've found for National.

Ralph

When I was there last week, I saw a green shuttle bus with "Alamo/National" on the side near the car care center. They are also next to each other at the airport now. I think eventually they will merge into one company.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter