Rental car?

Miandrea

<font color=red>BL II - Red Team<br> <font color=b
I am heading to Las Vegas in March for 7 days. Should I rent a car or just take a taxi? We want to leave the strip area to shop and do a few cheaper meals.

What do you think?

A rental car is about $400 - 500 depending on the size.

We got a National rental car in December for $176 TOTAL for a week. Also have about the same rate for March. This is a compact model which was big enough for us.

Go to mousesavers.com for all the tricks and many of the available ways to get a car for less. The codes I'm using, I actually got by purchasing an Entertainment book. I also joined the Emerald Club for free from the mousesavers.com site. I decline additional insurance because my car insurance and the credit card I use has all the coverage. Check into this because you don't need the additional coverage if you already have it through those sources.

Good luck.

Is it easy to drive around the Vegas area? We would like to go to Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon and I am wondering if its better to rent a car to go ourselves or go with a tour and not rent a car.

We have a car for 4 days from the airport for $38.00!(for all 4 days, not per day). We booked direct with Thrifty. They don't require a credit card to book online, and you can cancel without penalty. Check prices often, as they change every single day.

Was that with all of the taxes and fees???

How did you do that? Our 7 day (1 week) was $176 but $63 of that was for taxes and fees !!! The actual car rental for 7 days was $113.

Please advise.

For $400-500? No way. Watch the sites for discounts - it should come in well under $200

The freedom of a car is a great thing; otherwise, you're restricted to the strip and wherever the monorail takes you, or cabbing everywhere.

Thanks for the help. The internet prices are much cheaper than calling the places directly.

I think I will rent a car - the parking is free (I think...staying at the Aria).

poohbear2 it is super easy to drive around Vegas.....just be patient especially at Tropicana and the Strip!!!

Miandrea, you're getting ripped for $400-$500. If all else fails rent for 3 days and do all your driving in that time. Hoover is only 30-40 mins and most of the decent shopping off strip is within 15 mins drive anyway.

I've found a few rentals (with coupons) for $213 for a week - full size. Much better than $400!

I purchased the Entertainment book and was able to bring my March 1 week rental of a National compact down to $144 total (includes all taxes/fees, but no additional insurance).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter