Rental home cancellation policies

Dyana

Earning My Ears
I've been lurking on these boards for a long time and I have decided to come out of hiding. These boards are great and without them our first trip to the world would have been ok but now it's going to be great. We'll be going April 22-May 2. We would love to stay in a vacation home but we're concerned about the cancellation policies. My MIL has had 2 strokes this year so we have to be prepared for anything. From the websites we've looked at if you cancel you lose the deposit and they like you to pay the entire balance 6 weeks in advance of your trip. If you need to cancel you lose that also. Are there any rentals that are more flexible? We're concerned about paying the balance in advance. We'd like to take care of that when we arrive. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the DIS, Dyana!

Each management company and each owner has it's own cancellation policy. Find one with a flexible one and make the criteria clear before making any contract.

Some require a small deposit up front and the balance once you arrive. This would probably be the best alternative for you. Check www.vrbo.com and take your time finding one that will work with you.

Hope that helps!

I have to agree with Robinrs...every owner has their own cancellation policy. You have to remember that if you cancel, it causes great problems. The owner of the home could have taken another booking for that week and very often the deposit doesn't come anywhere close to covering the lost rent for the week.

Our own policy is that if a guest cancels we keep the $ 200 deposit open for12 months so that guest can rebook at anytime during that period. We realise that things can happen in life and flexibility is needed. Our policy helps those who genuinely have a problem and goes somewhere near to helping our owners for those guests that don't rebook.

Hope you find what you're looking for Dyana.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter