Rental Rates/Concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seven hundred seventy seven days
fifteen hours
thirty one minutes and
forty-eight seconds.

But I miss the people who originally posted to this thread especially the original poster Richyams so thanks for resurrecting it once again.

Rest in peace buddy!:sad1:

I'm glad for the option of renting points simply because I know my family may not be able to swing a full Disney trip every year. With the ability to rent, I am able to recoup the maintenance fees and mortgage I have paid that year and then take a less expensive family vacation closer to home (one that would not also require tickets and Disney-priced food for our enjoyment). Since the right to take that vacation on MY points has already been paid for, I do not see how my renting points to another family would deprive anyone of their ability to enjoy their own investment at Disney. I love being able to go to Disney on a regular basis... bur for us, that regular basis won't always occur yearly, even if the MF's and mortgage do!

Another thing to consider is the value of a dollar in different parts of the country. Those of us in the South do enjoy a lower cost of living locally, and as a result we have much lower salaries compared to those in the north and on the west coast. But, obviously, Disney doesn't have tiered pricing based on your hometown!!! As a result, what may seem like a great Disney deal to someone from an affluent community may be quite cost-prohibitive to someone from a different locale. That little extra that someone makes by renting out their points one year may very well be what enables them to actually travel to Disney with their family the next year.

I think it is time to close this post from 2003. Richyams was a good friend to us, but I am sure we can find more current threads on the topic. Thanks all..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter