Renting DVC Direct - Exclusively to EU Residents?

Helaman

Kein Traumprinz
Who has experience renting extra DVC points direct, but with the prerequisite that the renter is an EU/UK/CH resident? I wonder if such a prerequisite would make looking for a renter as difficult as finding a unicorn, or if this might even fall on fertile ground.

What platform did you use? DIS? TUGBBS?

I only have experience using David's, but do not feel comfortable using them again within the next year. I have never rented direct before, but may consider it if the renter was also here in Europe. It would give me an added sense of security.

I know this question is posted here from time to time. I suppose you could try using our Rent//Trade Board, but you would likely want to include the desire to rent to EU residents only in the thread title, along with the other required info; homeresort, number of points, and price per point.

Can I ask why renting to UK/EU is preferred?

Does renting from the UK make a difference to renting to the US?

I am looking at renting (from UK), did look at Davids but considering renting on here.

Does renting from the UK make a difference to renting to the US?

I am looking at renting (from UK), did look at Davids but considering renting on here.

I really do not know, because I am missing the experience renting direct. Just having the renter on the same continent and in the same time zone is comforting...but not necessarily founded.

There is a long thread regarding the mess David's owners and renters are in due to the Cirona crisis. It is worth reading.

I live in Germany, own at several resorts, and have rented on here multiple times, to people in EU/UK and in the US and even western Canada. It's never really been much of an issue renting to someone in the US or Canada, even with the time difference, except that they usually won't see my answers to their questions until the next day if they wrote in the evening their time. The advantage to renting to people here is that I'm able to answer questions much quicker, and WhatsApp is much more popular here than in US, so once we have a contract in place that usually makes communication much easier. iMessage works fine for iPhone users, but texting/telephone becomes a little more complicated if the renter doesn't have an iPhone, plus the time difference usually make email the better way to communicate anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!