Renting points and feeling bad!

suebeelin

DIS Veteran
How do you know who gets the points first when you are renting points out?

I had a few people reach out, and they all seem very nice. How do you prioritize who gets the points when you have a limited number of points to rent out? Is it based on deposits? I'm almost tempted to dip into my current use year points (vs only renting out the banked points) to help people out, but I'm in the midst of a family trip planning where I wasn't even sure if I should rent out the banked points.

Anyway, first world problems.

I like FIFO, based on reasonableness of request and willingness to pull the trigger. First to pull the trigger.

How do you know who gets the points first when you are renting points out?

I had a few people reach out, and they all seem very nice. How do you prioritize who gets the points when you have a limited number of points to rent out? Is it based on deposits? I'm almost tempted to dip into my current use year points (vs only renting out the banked points) to help people out, but I'm in the midst of a family trip planning where I wasn't even sure if I should rent out the banked points.

Anyway, first world problems.

First come; first serve. I always give the first party to respond to the rental ad the opportunity to secure the points at the asking price. If there are others who have also inquired, then I advise the first party of that also. If they do not respond timely, then it's the next parties turn. That seems the most fair to me. Over time I've realized that some people know exactly what they want and are just more organized and quick to respond than others and those are the people that seem to make the best renters.

Renting can save you 50% of a cash room rate, and now that the secrete is out (thank you internet) and points are limited, it will be getting tougher and tougher.

Best bet is to find an owner and book at the 11 month mark.

Renting can save you 50% of a cash room rate, and now that the secrete is out (thank you internet) and points are limited, it will be getting tougher and tougher.

Best bet is to find an owner and book at the 11 month mark.

I'm the owner, and I'm getting a ton of emails asking for points. I was feeling bad that I only have a limited number of points left and can't help everyone that reaches out to me!

Oh, you might want to go with the renter who is the most knowledgeable of them or one that is very organized.

Is there still a Rent/Trade thread for DVC? I know I saw one a few years ago but I can not seem to find it. Which forum is it under?
Thank-You

In the past, I always took the approach FIFO. Here lately, I have had a renter who has requested points on a fairly regular basis and have rented to them four times and have not had any extra points to rent as a result. I have not used rent/trade board in over 5 years. I feel fortunate to have the repeat business and keeps me from letting any points expire or having to find another renter.

I'm the owner, and I'm getting a ton of emails asking for points. I was feeling bad that I only have a limited number of points left and can't help everyone that reaches out to me!

First one if they agree to the terms and provide the deposit in a timely manner that I outline.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter