Renting points

David's it's based in Canada. Your credit card company might charge you a percentage for the transaction. Check with your credit card to see if you have foreign transaction charges.

thank you for this info :)

David's does charge in USD, so most cards won't charge a fee. The exchange fees tend to be if they're charging in CAN.

David's does charge in USD, so most cards won't charge a fee. The exchange fees tend to be if they're charging in CAN.

This is directly from a chat I had with David's.
"Please note our company is located in Canada, and some US credit cards charge a cross border fee. If you are traveling to Hawaii the transient tax is additional."

pardon my ignorance but I vaguely remember that one of these companies is in Canada and has a fee associated with it? could someone clarify? I have come to the realization that I will be renting points in the future and I am so nervous about the process and Im trying to learn everything I can, thank youu
Hi Meg...we met a few weeks ago at MNSSHP...I have rented points from Davids for several years now and haven’t had a problem yet. I always use my Disney Chase card and they don’t charge an extra fee. I’m going again Nov 29 thru Dec 5 with rented points and staying at the lovely Beach Club.

Just submitted a request with the Rental Store for a two bedroom lock off at the Boardwalk. We are staying the last week in October 2018. They informed me that there are a lot of request currently out for October. Now I'm nervous that I'm not going to get a reservation.

Just submitted a request with the Rental Store for a two bedroom lock off at the Boardwalk. We are staying the last week in October 2018. They informed me that there are a lot of request currently out for October. Now I'm nervous that I'm not going to get a reservation.
That's a very popular time for DVC members. Hopefully David will have a BWV owner to rent out points soon and not that many waiting before you.

Yes. That will be your biggest problem. There are far more people wanting to rent points at BWV than BWV owners who don't want to use their points. You have almost zero chance for a standard view or Boardwalk View - and no guarantee that you'll be matched with an owner for BWV points before the seven month window opens and/or the resort is completely booked. Its a popular time of year. You may wish to make a cash reservation so that you know you'll have somewhere to stay - cash reservations are easily cancelled if it comes through. And you may wish to explore a private rental where you have a little more control in contacting people - although a private rental carries the most risk regarding your trust concerns.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter