Reopening of US borders.

Thegoatfeeder

Main thing WDW Needs? More Muppets!
So much time on here is spent discussing when the Disney parks will reopen. But I think for our point of view, that is less relevant because currently we still can’t actually travel to the USA.

What are your thoughts on when we’ll be able to fly again? I have a trip booked in December and plan on going assuming the social distancing measures aren’t too brutal (no parades, fireworks or meet and greets would really make me think twice), but I have no idea if I’ll be able to actually get there by then!

I am due to fly out on 30 June and I am still hoping that the trip will go ahead. The flights are still showing on the BA app and I booked room only with an US WDW TA so I can cancel up to 7 days before arrival. I was disappointed that Boris didn’t mention opening borders at the daily briefing today, but I get the impression that Trump is itching to open US borders. For now, I am just waiting and hoping but being pragmatic about it.

It's both about wether UK have any travel restrictions/advice against going and wether the US borders will be open I suppose. Hopefully everything goes well with them starting to slowly open businesses again on Monday, but they could risk getting a second peak as well. We're going in September, so I do really hope we can go by then.

So much time on here is spent discussing when the Disney parks will reopen. But I think for our point of view, that is less relevant because currently we still can’t actually travel to the USA.

What are your thoughts on when we’ll be able to fly again? I have a trip booked in December and plan on going assuming the social distancing measures aren’t too brutal (no parades, fireworks or meet and greets would really make me think twice), but I have no idea if I’ll be able to actually get there by then!
I've got trip in December to flights booked just hoping airline don't fold

I’m hoping travel is still banned in Aug as I can then either reschedule my flight to next year or get my money back. I do not see how by then the parks will be fully functional and/or safe so have decided not re wanting to go.
My thoughts exactly......

Just for info UK borders aren’t closed. Flights still fly everyday from most airports, albeit most work on a 70-90 percent reduction. UK have changed travel advice to say no non essential travel is permitted but never ‘buttoned the hatches’ as it were.

The UK doesn’t ask people to self quarantine when they come in, ask medical questions or take temperature unlike most other countries. It’s not something you’ll see the Government talking about too often.

Im travelling in Sep and just holding tight to see how things unfold. I will travel if the parks are open without too many draconian measures in place...I’m more worried about my cruise after the parks!

Just for info UK borders aren’t closed. Flights still fly everyday from most airports, albeit most work on a 70-90 percent reduction. UK have changed travel advice to say no non essential travel is permitted but never ‘buttoned the hatches’ as it were.

Wouldn't travel advice that says no non essential travel affect the validity of your travel insurance though? I would never travel without valid travel insurance, especially to America.

It has been stated quite explicitly that a holiday is non essential travel.

There are other reasons to cross boarders. Boarders being open and FCO advice are different things. The travel insurance depends on FCO travel advice.

I think both of you know this though. It feels like you're saying the same thing in slightly different ways, maybe not realising you're in agreement??

I am due to fly out on 30 June and I am still hoping that the trip will go ahead. The flights are still showing on the BA app and I booked room only with an US WDW TA so I can cancel up to 7 days before arrival. I was disappointed that Boris didn’t mention opening borders at the daily briefing today, but I get the impression that Trump is itching to open US borders. For now, I am just waiting and hoping but being pragmatic about it.

I think you will NOT be Flying anywhere into USA in June.

IF Disney opens it will be for local Floridians first ..... then The rest of Florida people

then U.S.A. people & lastly Non U.S.A. people & this is most likely to

be next year 2021 .......... think about it .....

I think you will NOT be Flying anywhere into USA in June.

IF Disney opens it will be for local Floridians first ..... then The rest of Florida people

then U.S.A. people & lastly Non U.S.A. people & this is most likely to

be next year 2021 .......... think about it .....

2021 would be a shock, I can't see the ban lasting that long.

I’m hoping for Xmas but I am not pinning my hopes on it. Xmas 2021 is a more realistic target.

2021 would be a shock, I can't see the ban lasting that long.
[/QUOTE

I can see this being true, actually. 2021 is 8 months away, and it will likely be quite some time before vacationers are allowed back in this country from other places. I think Disney might be open to US visitors before 2021, but perhaps not others. I hope this isn't the case, but it seems plausible.

We had rescheduled what should have been our honeymoon in Disney World to being a week and a half at Disneyland in December. At the time VA had that the return date of travel for a rebooked flight needed to be prior to the 30th April. They have since changed that and at the moment I'm not sure that even if we can get to Disneyland that it's going to be worth it. (Crowds/Fireworks etc).

Tempted to see when the flights come out for end of April/May to see what prices will be like at Disney World for our rescheduled honeymoon. We are DVC members so least I don't have to pay etc for accommodation other than Dues.

Wouldn't travel advice that says no non essential travel affect the validity of your travel insurance though? I would never travel without valid travel insurance, especially to America.

Yup, your of course right. Just gave info for background really

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!