Report from U.K.: Disney World nightmare at Caribbean Resort

The rooms should have been cleaned better. However, insects will happen in Florida. Also, almost all the pictures look as if they are taken behind some piece of furniture. The family was moved rooms and then moved to the Grand Floridian and maybe refunded some of the nights?
I think the room rate seems exaggerated and the overall vacation price includes flights.

This story actually made the news? As an "exclusive"?

Gross though.

Last edited:
I agree that bugs and insects can get into rooms, but the exposed wires, dust and condoms were inexcusable in any Disney hotel.

This is down to standards and it seems that standards, generally, have fallen - so too has customer service.

I agree that bugs and insects can get into rooms, but the exposed wires, dust and condoms were inexcusable in any Disney hotel.

This is down to standards and it seems that standards, generally, have fallen - so too has customer service.

I will say the pictures made it look like they stayed at some cheap, road-side motel. I certainly wouldn't book there after seeing the pics!

I will say the pictures made it look like they stayed at some cheap, road-side motel. I certainly wouldn't book there after seeing the pics!
I agree, it certainly didn't look like the kind of room you'd expect at a Disney resort.

They complained over a dangerous, dirty room and got moved to the Grand Floridian. But to complain their vacation was a “horror”, “nightmare”, or “holiday from hell” seems to suggest they’re now looking for more then just an upgrade from Disney.
To be fair, that's probably the journalist rather than them.

However, someone must have contacted the paper with the story in order them to report on it.

To be fair, that's probably the journalist rather than them.

However, someone must have contacted the paper with the story in order them to report on it.

“Holiday from hell” seems to be their words. Maybe “room from hell” would have been more appropriate. I can see being upset about the room and asking to move. They were moved to a deluxe resort. That seems pretty great to me. Did they not have a good time? Did that room ruin their whole vacation?

And, yeah. As you mentioned, someone contacted the paper. :rolleyes1

Last edited:
I wouldn’t be a happy camper either if they moved me to another room at the same resort that wasn’t any cleaner than the first one. Aren’t there supposed to be HK supervisors who check rooms after they are cleaned?

They complained over a dangerous, dirty room and got moved to the Grand Floridian. But to complain their vacation was a “horror”, “nightmare”, or “holiday from hell” seems to suggest they’re now looking for more then just an upgrade from Disney.
They are all over the news in the UK. Even appeared on a show last year on how to cut their Christmas spending down from 8000 pounds so they could afford a trip to Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!