Requesting Information and pictures for room 8100

CruisinKate

Earning My Ears
Hi there! We have a 3rd cruise reservation for Aug 30 in room 8102. This is a cat 3 room at the rear of the ship. I was wondering if any of you out there have pictures of that room or could just answer a few questions about what the layout is. Is there a fold down bed, or just the couch makes into a bed? Since the room is at the end of the ship and of an odd shape the standard layouts and information on the website do not apply. Is there much floor space? We always seem to need to open those suitcases over and over again :-)

Thanks for all the info!

Kate

Thank you so much for finding the link and posting! Last year was a tough year and I'm really looking forward to our next cruise. Thanks again, you made my week :-)

Kate

Hi Kate.. it was just pure luck I saw those cabin photos the other day and then I saw your post!

It was our destiny!

I'm glad it helped you out... here's to a great 2003!

Best Wishes

You'll love the room - HUGE Verandah. We stayed in the room in the pictures (8602) and have also been in 8100 and 8600 (others with odd shape). All great rooms. There are no fold down beds, the couch does convert. Floor space seemed larger in 8100/8600 but 8102 is still very big. There is a good size walk in closet in the master bedroom area, a big closet in the entry area and plenty of drawer space for all of your stuff.

Enjoy the cruise (and the concierge service!!).

Originally posted by DisneyKids
You'll love the room - HUGE Verandah. We stayed in the room in the pictures (8602) and have also been in 8100 and 8600 (others with odd shape). All great rooms. There are no fold down beds, the couch does convert. Floor space seemed larger in 8100/8600 but 8102 is still very big. There is a good size walk in closet in the master bedroom area, a big closet in the entry area and plenty of drawer space for all of your stuff.

Enjoy the cruise (and the concierge service!!).

I fully concur with this! We sailed on the Magic a few years ago in 8100, we enjoyed it so much we are sailing the Wonder in 60 days in the same stateroom. The configuration is huge and the verandah was wonderful!

We stayed in 8102 last October. It was great! There is no fold down bed however, just the pull-out bed in the couch, and the queen in the bedroom. I have more video of that room then you could ever imagine, so if you're interested in thefirst-hand grand tour, let me know!

'Beano':cool:

In response to your questions about 8100 or 8102, we just stayed in 8100 in November. The room is very spacious with ALOT of floor space. However, I hate to be the devil's advocate, but the verandah is enclosed. We did not like having to stand up to see the water. Also, people could look right down on you from the outside seating area above you. Also, they rinse down the area above you so I would check with your concierge to find out when they hose down the deck above you. If you had swimsuits or anything out on the verandah, it could easily get wet. The space is awesome, but we thought there were a few drawbacks. If you have any other questions, let me know.

Originally posted by livinatdisney
In response to your questions about 8100 or 8102, we just stayed in 8100 in November. The room is very spacious with ALOT of floor space. However, I hate to be the devil's advocate, but the verandah is enclosed. We did not like having to stand up to see the water. Also, people could look right down on you from the outside seating area above you. Also, they rinse down the area above you so I would check with your concierge to find out when they hose down the deck above you. If you had swimsuits or anything out on the verandah, it could easily get wet. The space is awesome, but we thought there were a few drawbacks. If you have any other questions, let me know.

The verandah is enclosed, but I could see the water while I was sitting in the deck chair with no problem. In my case, I have Lupus, that verandah is a God send, there was always a shady area I could sit at no matter what time of day. :D

As to the washing down above deck, we never experienced it, but we didn't leave anything out either so I really can't comment on that.

Kate - If you want to, email me and give me your address or PO Box and I'd be glad to send you a videotape or DVD tour of 8102!

As I mentioned, I have tons of video of the room and the verandah, and I am happy to share it with you!

Let me know...

'Beano' :cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter