Res. in Oct. Royal Pacfic: Loews hasn't charged the deposit...

Puffy2

DIS Veteran
When I booked this trip for Oct. at Royal Pacific, I gave my credit card number and was told I'd be charged a deposit (actually booked three rooms with two different cards) . A month later, no deposit has been charged - I call back to check the reservation, told "they goofed, took one of the Card numbers AGAIN and was told they didn't need the other card number they still had that one and was told they would charge the deposits."

Well, one month later and AGAIN NO CHARGES. I have confirmation letters for the reservations. Do I just forget this about the deposit??? Anyone else with a similar experience?

We have ressies for October also and my credit card has not been charged for the deposit. We stayed at the HRH in August, the HRH in January, and at the Portifino and HRH in April. I wasnt charged deposits for those stay either.

Patty

No deposit has been charged for my 2 rooms at RPR end of Aug, either - I have called backed and checked my reservations - everything seems OK. Maybe they just hold card # like other hotels do, in case you don't show or cancel. (I don't remember being told that I would be charged in advance).

Maybe it depends on who you make it thru. Last year I made it thru Loews and they did not charge me until 2 weeks after our trip. This year I made it thru universal and they charged me with 2 days. Just a guess.

I also have ressies at RPH in Sept. My credit card has not been charged. I called central reservations and they told me my credit card won't be charged until the hotel opens in July. How did you get a confirmation letter, I have a cofirmation number and doubled checked my ressies but have no letter.

I have a Nov. ressie at the RP and my card has not been charged either after 2 months. I have a written confirmation which I called and requested 3 times. Since I have my written confirmation, I feel pretty safe.

I asked three times for the letter (once when I reserved, once about two weeks later when still nothing... that time I also asked for a letter or an email confirmation and still nothing.The third time I was told I wouldn't get the confirmation until the resort opened in June/July - which ever it is... but then low and behold, about a week later I get a letter.

They did the same thing when we had HRH reservations before it opened - our card was charged the day the resort opened. We also have reservation at RP this August; I'm sure I'll see the charge at the end of June.

I made reservations in the beginning of January for the end of August at RPR and was told one night would be charged including tax, but I was also not charged yet. I did receive a confirmation letter about one week after I made the reservation. So, does anyone know for sure if there will be a pool slide at the new RPR????

RobinLyn:cool:

We also haven't been billed for our deposit at the RPH for reservations in October.

I'm sure it will show up sooner or later :D

Just FYI I was told I was have a deposit charged and I did not. Must depend on who does it.

Jenn

I called today to change my reservation & was told they are running behind getting out the confirmations. That I should receive something within 2 weeks of calling. I had called on 4/26. & the deposit hasn't been charged yet. She did give me an address if I wanted to make a partial or full payment.

It must just be with Royal Pacific since it is a new hotel. I had made reservations with HRH for the end of June and they charged my credit card. When I switched to RP they credited my HRH charge and I still have not been charged for RP yet. We go right after they open June 22 so they must be waiting until their up and running.

I just wanted to let everyone know I finally got charged for one night at RPR! I was looking for a contact lens charge on my Amercian Express card (online) and there it was, a charge from RPR dated May1. I made this reservation January 2. So it looks like they are finally getting around to collecting. I'm sorta glad because it confirms my ressie and we were one of the lucky ones who got the club level at $139!!

RobinLyn :)

how did you get the club level for 139.00? I would like to know. I have a 99.00 rate for a standard room. What are some of the perks of the club level? Thanks for the help

Made our reservations 4/26/02 for RPR 9/08 thru 9/14/02. Got charged my deposit 5/3/02. Not too bad a wait at all ! Waiting for my written confirmation & I'm all set :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter