Resale closing- next steps?

stoudty

Earning My Ears
Will be closing on my first resale AKL on Wednesday 1/10. UY is March. Am I correct in understanding that once closing is complete, I’ll get my membership number and then have access to the Dashboard?

And since my UY is March, my points will not drop in until March 1, but I’ll still be able to book future stays once I have access to the Dashboard? Do I need to do anything special to be able to book before my points hit the account?

You cannot book anything until you have your account setup and the points are in it. It will take DVC 30 days or so to do that. I usually wait a few weeks after closing and poke member services to move things along.

Once your points are loaded, and you see them, you can book things for dates after March 1st if your first year of points is March 2024

Once your points are loaded, and you see them, you can book things for dates after March 1st if your first year of points is March 2024
Ok so after I close, it’ll take a few weeks for everything to get set up. I understand that.

My points will be loaded prior to March 1, but I cannot use them for stays until after March 1, correct?

Ok so after I close, it’ll take a few weeks for everything to get set up. I understand that.

My points will be loaded prior to March 1, but I cannot use them for stays until after March 1, correct?
It depends on your resale contract and what points were in the contract. I'm going to assume this use years points were 0. You can use your points that are loaded march 1st to book any stays after march first. Now, lets assume you get access to your account on Febuary 1st, you could login to your account and start booking stays for March 1st even though you don't have points yet. Your stays are booked using the points you have available at check in, not when you make the reservation.

You could even be eligible to borrow points for a stay prior to March 1st, depending on what you purchased. But since there's only going to be a couple weeks where you could book by borrowing/book, that doesn't seem like an option you would look at!

It depends on your resale contract and what points were in the contract. I'm going to assume this use years points were 0. You can use your points that are loaded march 1st to book any stays after march first. Now, lets assume you get access to your account on Febuary 1st, you could login to your account and start booking stays for March 1st even though you don't have points yet. Your stays are booked using the points you have available at check in, not when you make the reservation.
Thank you. This is what I was looking for.

I have 85 points for UY 23 that are banked but I won’t be using them right away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter