Resale contract problems, but worked out in the end

homey12

Mouseketeer
A popular resale company had a listing. 200 point contract with a December use year. 400 points coming December 2023, and 200 DEC 2024. I made an offer, and it was accepted. Paperwork was signed, then the ghosting came. After several attempts, (money has been sent already), I received a phone call saying it was an April use year. All my other contracts were December use year, so I was not happy. However, there is still 200 points for April 2023, AND 400 points for April 2024, AND 200 points for April 2025. At $45 a point (Vero beach, I know, I know about the dues) i decided to still go through with it since they had my money anyways. So in the end, It was a loaded contract and I didn’t even know it. I just hope the points are loaded into my account in enough time to still book something before April 1st.

A popular resale company had a listing. 200 point contract with a December use year. 400 points coming December 2023, and 200 DEC 2024. I made an offer, and it was accepted. Paperwork was signed, then the ghosting came. After several attempts, (money has been sent already), I received a phone call saying it was an April use year. All my other contracts were December use year, so I was not happy. However, there is still 200 points for April 2023, AND 400 points for April 2024, AND 200 points for April 2025. At $45 a point (Vero beach, I know, I know about the dues) i decided to still go through with it since they had my money anyways. So in the end, It was a loaded contract and I didn’t even know it. I just hope the points are loaded into my account in enough time to still book something before April 1st.
Maybe they’ll be subsidized dues too!!

Seriously. How in the “Ever Lovin F” does this happen? You telling me the agent doesn’t ask for a screenshot of the dashboard showing the pts and the UY? Never mind the actual contract info.
I know people get old and pass and stuff but man, timeshare agents are really just incompetent, lazy, or both.

We had this happen on an a contract too. In the end it was the small contract that we wanted, so we went ahead with it.

We later picked up another small contract with our main UY at the same resort and will likely sell the first one at some point in 2025.

We had this happen on an a contract too. In the end it was the small contract that we wanted, so we went ahead with it.

We later picked up another small contract with our main UY at the same resort and will likely sell the first one at some point in 2025.
… I’m starting to wonder how many of these stories are out there. Like how many people bought from them but didn’t have an outlet like disboards to talk about it.

I bought one recently, and wasn’t told it was an international seller until after I had signed the contract and paid a deposit! I only found out as I specifically asked the question after I received a copy of the contract signed by the seller, as I noticed the date of signature was in the future (and assumed a different time zone). I went ahead with it in any event, but thought it was a little shoddy not to have mentioned this… particularly as I am an international buyer and it could have caused real issues!

All other brokers have immediately informed me if the sale involves an international seller… but not this broker…

Seriously. How in the “Ever Lovin F” does this happen? You telling me the agent doesn’t ask for a screenshot of the dashboard showing the pts and the UY? Never mind the actual contract info.
I know people get old and pass and stuff but man, timeshare agents are really just incompetent, lazy, or both.
I agree. How do you not know what you are selling? Not sure if it is on the seller, the agent, or both.

Congrats on getting all those points! Those loaded contracts are the ones we typically buy, most MF's paid by seller and then rent excess and use the rest into the future. We sold many of those contracts in 2022 when the market was hot (DVC ROFR'd many of them). Buy low and sell high (or enjoy for yourself) - great job!
:worship:

Congrats on getting all those points! Those loaded contracts are the ones we typically buy, most MF's paid by seller and then rent excess and use the rest into the future. We sold many of those contracts in 2022 when the market was hot (DVC ROFR'd many of them). Buy low and sell high (or enjoy for yourself) - great job!
:worship:
Thank you! If I wasn’t so stubborn about going, i could rent the first years points for what the entire purchase price was and about half the dues!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter