Resale process is so long...

Thank you. DId some research on this site, which is awesome, and yes sadly I agree on the fall outlook. :thanks:

if you're willing to do an extreme split stay in 1 BRs (different hotel every night), it is certainly possible to get a vacation in this fall. We did that last year. Closed on our contract about this time last year and got access to the points sometime early to mid July I believe.

if you're willing to do an extreme split stay in 1 BRs (different hotel every night), it is certainly possible to get a vacation in this fall. We did that last year. Closed on our contract about this time last year and got access to the points sometime early to mid July I believe.

Thank you. I told the husband this option...if possible could be fun!!

I had a good time. DW wasn't too fond. I like being able to check out three different resorts in one trip. Made me realize BLT wasn't too bad and AKV was not for us. Theming is awesome, just didn't like location.

We did BLT/AKV/BCV(2) nights. BY the third day we were exhausted and wanted to chill at the resort around 2 pm. Luckily our BCV room was ready around 3 pm, so we weren't "homeless" for too long. But that third day was a test of wills.

If you are just adults, it's certainly doable. If you're bringing young kids, then Do not attempt.

We also found out BCV is an awesome location for Epcot and DHS. IT's literally a 7 minute walk to Epcot from BCV. Within 10 mins you can be eating pastries from France.

I had a good time. DW wasn't too fond. I like being able to check out three different resorts in one trip. Made me realize BLT wasn't too bad and AKV was not for us. Theming is awesome, just didn't like location.

We did BLT/AKV/BCV(2) nights. BY the third day we were exhausted and wanted to chill at the resort around 2 pm. Luckily our BCV room was ready around 3 pm, so we weren't "homeless" for too long. But that third day was a test of wills.

If you are just adults, it's certainly doable. If you're bringing young kids, then Do not attempt.

We also found out BCV is an awesome location for Epcot and DHS. IT's literally a 7 minute walk to Epcot from BCV. Within 10 mins you can be eating pastries from France.

Thank you. Perfect time for an adult only trip! I do want to check out all the resorts. We chose bwv as our home due to that location. We love love being able to walk to both resorts.
And yes, 7 more notes to France.

I really appreciate the feedback. Maybe we will do just two, if possible, for a long weekend.

We learned buying our first contract that it is not fun to anticipate the need for the points to get something booked on a certain date. I just bought a 2nd (small 75 point) contract, and we don't need the points until January - so I think I am safe. (All the documents are at Disney, and now just waiting for Disney to tell me they are loaded.)

Good news! They have all documents and we closed today. :dogdance::yay::yay:
Congrats! In the future, don't ever feel badly about contacting your broker and/or the title company to ask for updates. The broker is the one talking to both parties and would most likely be the one to give you some information when you are feeling like you're in limbo. :)

You can look at options that area available, book what is and wait list. In all likelihood you can piece together a reservation that is more workable without having to move routinely.

So - as a comment to "process is so long". I put a bid for a BWV contract for 75 points in on May 5th. On Saturday (June 24th) the points were in my on-line account. So that's from day of bid to completion was exactly 50 days (7 weeks + 1 day). Now admittedly that is probably about the fastest it can possibly go.

So - as a comment to "process is so long". I put a bid for a BWV contract for 75 points in on May 5th. On Saturday (June 24th) the points were in my on-line account. So that's from day of bid to completion was exactly 50 days (7 weeks + 1 day). Now admittedly that is probably about the fastest it can possibly go.

From my limited experience -- points from 2nd,3rd contracts get added to your account faster than if it is your first ever account. Of course, that really just cuts down a week or so at the end of the process -- so your 7 weeks total is still pretty fast.

From my limited experience -- points from 2nd,3rd contracts get added to your account faster than if it is your first ever account. Of course, that really just cuts down a week or so at the end of the process -- so your 7 weeks total is still pretty fast.
In my experience, adding points to an existing account only saves a day; maybe two at most. The only step it doesn't go through is account creation.

Yeah - ROFR was 10 days which included 2 weekends which amazed me. (Put bid in on a Friday.) The rest went very smooth, and included that the seller was Canadian. (I am in US.) As I said, I couldn't picture that you could ever realistically hope for faster than that, but it's probably a useful benchmark to say it could be as short as 7 weeks. Our first contract in 2014 probably took closer to 10 or 11 weeks - I think we put the offer in early-March and didn't have the points until late May. But back then ROFR was taking close to the full 30 days.

Hi All, it has been a bit since I posted on the DVC sale. I wanted to give the final update in case it may help others. This site was awesome during the resale process. THANK YOU to everyone. I really appreciate it :thanks::worship::yay:

ROFL: Teresadoxie---$97-$21279-200-BWV-Apr-0/16, 400/17, 200/18, 200/19- sent 4/26, passed 5/12

Closing: Received Buyers closing documents 5/25/17. We sent our payment (cashiers check) via USPS with tracking on 5/26/17. 6/12/17 Buyer completed their closing documents. They were on vacation so hold up here. Closing 6/14/17. Email from Attorney's office that the documents were forwarded to the clerk of court.

Deed: Then no communication from the Attorney or The Resale company after closing. So I stalked the Orange County Deed site below, which was provided from this site. Thank you again!!! http://or.occompt.com/recorder/web/ Ours was recorded 6/21/17. Found on this website it takes about 2 weeks for Disney to receive and do their part. I called DVC several days after and they were super nice and confirmed. My husband harassed me to call DVC so I would call several days to see if they received the deed. I believe the last week of June they had it and it was in their pile.

My membership number: July 5th but it was ready the Saturday before when I asked. You will need your contract number to get your membership number from the accounts department. They transfer you to member service to get your pin and another number for the on-line DVC site (forget what they called it). The membership lady stayed on the phone to make sure I was able to ask DVC on-line. Super friendly. Points were there and ready to roll!

Offer in 4/24/17 and Disney Finished 7/1/17 (I didn't know until 7/5/17)

I did take your advice and we were able to book a split stay for our anniversary weekend in August between Saratoga and Polynesian. I snagged another long weekend at BCV for my birthday in January. And then a 1 bedroom at my home resort during the kids Spring Break in March. Lots of Disney trips. AS people on the boards say, what changes when you get DVC - you go more!!! :rolleyes1:flower1:

resort during the kids Spring Break in March. Lots of Disney trips. AS people on the boards say, what changes when you get DVC - you go more!!! :rolleyes1:flower1:

Looks like your timeline was pretty typical - as I said in my previous post our first purchase took 10-11 weeks. Looks like you were able to book what you wanted. Nice that you were able to get something to work in august - short notice stays can be tough with DVC, but actually August - especially late August - is one of the more available times to book, so good you got it.

The one thing I have to say is that when you go regularly, it really mellows out a bit how you vacation. We still go to the parks just about every day, but we spend less time there, and more time enjoying the resorts.

The one thing I have to say is that when you go regularly, it really mellows out a bit how you vacation. We still go to the parks just about every day, but we spend less time there, and more time enjoying the resorts.
Yes!!! I am looking forward to this part!

And thank you! The AUgust trip availability was a happy surprise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!