Resale Restriction Workaround

You were grandfathered in for Membership extras with the 2011 resale. 2016 changes required that if you were a new member after that time that you had to purchase at least 25 points direct for the Membership extra qualification. Then in Jan 2018 it became any new members who were not previously grandfathered in or who owned 25 direct points that now needed to purchase at least 75 points direct.
That makes sense.
But the new 2019 stuff isn't an issue either then? we will be able to book at 7 months at Riviera?

That makes sense.
But the new 2019 stuff isn't an issue either then? we will be able to book at 7 months at Riviera?

Correct. Because all of your purchases were prior to the Jan 2019 change they are all grandfathered in to book Riviera. It's a little different than the Membership extras though because it will have a contract by contract basis. If you were to purchase another resale contract now the points from it would not be allowed to be used at Riviera but all your other points would still be able to be used there.

Thanks for clearing that up! I wish they'd jsut state that in black and white terms.

Although, now my husband will be disappointed that we don't NEED another contract! hahaha!

I just can't justify buying direct. I'm disappointed I'll be a second class owner but the reason to buy DVC is to stay at the resorts, not to get a couple hundred discount on an AP or hang out in the Epcot lounge. If I want to stay in the new resorts I'll trade/sell points to make it work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter