Rescheduling Possibly

I like both classes of ships a lot. My husband prefers the Magic because it’s smaller.
I’ll offer a different perspective- since you’ve never cruised before, you won’t know what amenities you’re missing if you go in August, and future cruises will only go up from there! Have you already paid in full?

Okay, so I have booked the Magic, from Miami, on January 28, 2021. I have been on the Fantasy, Dream, and Big Red Boat (when my kids were in their teens, boy am I OLD!!!!!!). Anyway, I'm now starting to question my choice. I wanted to try the smaller ship, and liked the two bedroom option. I know everyone has different opions, but I'm still questioning my decision. No, I'm not going to cancel, unless DCL does, just wondering if I made the correct choice. I tried looking for information on the Magic, however, I can't find much. The ports, etc. are compatible with our schedule. I agree with the original poster, reading about people not liking the Magic, which is causing my questioning. Yes, I chose this ship and it's scheduled port stops, because it appealed to me (plus it's Disney!!) However, will there be activities for a six and two year old? I know the Nursery is available for the younger one and the childcare center for the older one. Will the Splash Pad make them happy? They both enjoyed Nemo's Reef on the Fantasy. I'm now worried that they won't be as excited on this cruise.
Sorry, don't want to hijack this post. Kind of late now to start questioning myself. Just was wondering as to WHY people aren't as happy with this ship?

Even tho I prefer the Fantasy, it should come down to each person's family needs and preferences, and you won't know if you like it unless you try it! In your case, I think a 2 and 6 year old would have no clue about any differences - there are probably just as many character interactions and fun for their ages on all 4 ships, although I'm not sure if BBB is on the smaller ships.

In my case, I cruise with my young adult daughter and we both like the additional space afforded on the larger ships and especially those extended balconies! I'll give another example of what we prefer - there is a jogging/walking track on Deck 4 of the Fantasy; we use this daily (I think it's 2.5 laps around equal a mile). We immediately noticed and commented on how much "shorter" that lap seemed on the Magic - it felt like we were always turning the bend lol, if that makes any sense. Many people could probably care less about this, but for us it was another reason to prefer the bigger ships. I love Deck 4 outside on the Dream class ships in general and I don't even recall that corresponding deck on the Magic.

When you are reading old threads comparing the ships, keep in mind when the Wonder/Magic were re-imagined or had other dry dock overhauls for context. Some people may have felt some things were getting "worn" etc. but that wouldn't apply anymore. Also, the same ship two different sailings can be totally different experiences... for example we had both our very best and worst sailing both on the Fantasy due to a variety of circumstances (the latter due to a sailing with a lot of sick passengers and many passengers ignoring rules).

All 4 ships are amazing. It all comes down to personal preference and like some posters have mentioned it could be the tiniest things.
For example, I’ll list mine in order and WHY they edge out the others. But, I love them ALL for different reasons and would jump on ANY today if I could. Our next 2 bookings are the Dream and the Wonder. We choose for many reasons such as price, sail dates, themed sailings, etc.

Fantasy- aquaduck, the size, satellite falls, beautiful bathrooms in the adult areas, deck 4 running path and shuffleboard area with comfy chairs, Flo’s, and our favorite server

Dream- if The Dream did 7 nights all the time I would actually choose the Dream. Why??? Because it would edge out the Fantasy due to... Vanellopes. Even though the Fantasy has Sweet on You Vanellopes has the cuteness edge to me. It’s the little things. In this case, the cuteness of the sweet shop. We are booked on the 11/1 seven night sailing on the Dream and I’m holding out hope it sails.

Wonder- sails from Galveston and since we live in Texas it saves $$. Tianas place. The menu, dinner show, and food here is in my opinion the best out of any of the ships hands down. Absolutely incredible. Also, the crew hands down was the most in tuned to everyone. They knew our names. On a four night cruise MANY knew us by name. More so than 7 nights on the larger ships.

Magic - Rapunzels - AMAZING!!!! We had so stinking much fun there. Incredible. The only reason it comes in a super close fourth is my least favorite port is Miami out of the ports. Super short lines for characters out of all the ships.

hope this helps explain why you can’t go wrong with ANY of the ships and it just all comes down to personal preferences.

I agree with most of what PP said. The best part of the classic ships is the theming. Rapunzel has a great show and the restaurant theming is fantastic. But I have to give the nod to Tiana's on the Wonder for favorite themed restaurant because I love the Mardi Gras parade and the energy in the restaurant. And I totally agree about the Wonder crew being the most personable. I do think the Magic was close behind.

The only point where I might disagree was on Miami as a port. We just sailed out of Miami in March and we loved it. I think the cab ride was only $18 and It was the quickest customs debarkation I have ever experienced. The only port more convenient to the airport is San Diego. Though I am also a fan of Galveston because we live in Texas too. 😃

I should also add that we love the Aquadunk on the Magic. So fun!

That's the great thing about Disney, They offer a lot of diversity in their ships and experiences so you really can't go wrong with any of them. We prefer the Classic ships because we like the smaller size and they tend to do the better itineraries. Don't second guess yourself or let other people's opinion keep you from thinking you will enjoy it. The only way you will know is until you try. Then go on the other 3 ships and claim that it is in the interest of research. 😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!