Rescinding Direct Add-on After Purchasing by Phone

JWhiz

Mouseketeer
Has anyone rescinded a contract for add-on points after purchasing them by phone? Did you have to wait for your paperwork to arrive? Just wondering when the clock starts ticking.

I was on a waitlist for some points. Wasn't entirely sure the timing was right, but I was getting a little excited to add more points. Figured the waitlist might take a few months, particularly given that my Use Year doesn't have a lot of points, but instead it was a few days. After thinking about it for two days, I "purchased" them today with a credit card. Now I'm feeling a bit remorseful. I know that's a common feeling.

Any guidance folks can give about cancelling an add-on, particularly one done over the phone and not in person would be helpful. Thanks.

you have 10 days from the date you enter on the contract and sign. DVD is snatching up ROFR contracts and filling waitlists since they are only selling CCV and Aulani, got to keep the money rolling in.

:earsboy: Bill

If you want to think about it some more, there is a form to cancel your purchase in the all the paperwork they send you to sign. Conveniently it's all the way in the back, but it's there. Good luck with your decision!

IMO as long as you haven’t signed anything you are not on the hook yet.

I would call my guide and tell him that you want to rescind.

When I signed up for a 50 point purchase my wife didn't have her ID with her, so they mailed us a contract. We realized it was better to go resale then direct, so we wanted to back out. When we got a follow up call, we were told to sign nothing and call our guide. He told us no problem, but to please send him notice via email so that he had a record of it.

Has anyone rescinded a contract for add-on points after purchasing them by phone? Did you have to wait for your paperwork to arrive? Just wondering when the clock starts ticking.

I was on a waitlist for some points. Wasn't entirely sure the timing was right, but I was getting a little excited to add more points. Figured the waitlist might take a few months, particularly given that my Use Year doesn't have a lot of points, but instead it was a few days. After thinking about it for two days, I "purchased" them today with a credit card. Now I'm feeling a bit remorseful. I know that's a common feeling.

Any guidance folks can give about cancelling an add-on, particularly one done over the phone and not in person would be helpful. Thanks.

If you do not mind me asking, which resort were you attempting to buy?

Because you haven't signed the paperwork you can cancel over the phone. Once you sign then you have 10 days to cancel and have to fax in the cancellation afaik. At this point for you though it's an easy thing to do. Call your guide and state you changed your mind and need the cc deposit refunded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter