Reservation Cancellation Policy Change?

Shoshana

Mouseketeer
I thought the prepaid reservations were a 48-hr cancellation and all others 24-hrs. However, Disney's website states: "Restaurants offering advance reservations charge a per- person cancellation fee for reservations cancelled after the designated cancellation period, or for no shows. Each restaurant at the Walt Disney World® Resort maintains its own cancellation policy, so be sure to confirm the policy before finalizing your reservation."

The cancellation window for Minnie's Seasonal Dine is 48 hours!! Do we really have to keep track of different policies for all of our different reservations?

Yes, I booked our ADR's using the MDE app. Once I clicked through, there is a box you have to check that shows you have read the policy. The policy will be right before you confirm your ADR. When I made our trip itinerary, I noted the cancellation windows with my ADR time information. I don't carry it around, I just snap a pic of it and then make that my phone locked screen pic so I conserve battery. My 10 year old taught me that. ;0

What about the regular non-party non-prepaid reservations? Are they always 24-hour cancellations?

Last edited:

It would be helpful to have a chart with each restaurant/party/pre-pay cancelation policy. When you make a reservations it gives the generic "restaurants own cancellation policy" but that info is sometimes tough to find.

Last edited:
I noticed all the dinner packages/dinner shows are 48 hours and most of the rest are 24 hours. And sounds like dessert parties, etc are different. Lots to keep track of!

You'll be fine cancelling the evening before, even though it's less than 24 hours.
However, from experience, don't take it for granted that the site will be working at the late-night hour you want to cancel. I've been bitten by that one. Once you know for sure, just do the cancellation then. It's easier than calling the next morning to explain why you need to cancel and hoping the agent will believe you.

Another way to use your smartphone is to program the cancellation dates in the note or reminder app.

Do we really have to keep track of different policies for all of our different reservations?
The cancellation policy for each individual reservation you make is stated clearly in the reservation confirmation email.
If you make the reservation online, you must read the box and check that you have read it before it will confirm the reservation.
If you make the reservation on the phone, the CM will tell you the cancellation policy of each reservation at the time.
I would suggest you go back through your reservation confirmation emails to check the dates.

Also just looked at my Candlelight Processional Dining Confirmation and see there's a 2 day cancellation period for that which I hadn't noticed before. The dessert party email does say 5 days, I just double checked. :)

The cancellation policy for each individual reservation you make is stated clearly in the reservation confirmation email.
If you make the reservation online, you must read the box and check that you have read it before it will confirm the reservation.
If you make the reservation on the phone, the CM will tell you the cancellation policy of each reservation at the time.
I would suggest you go back through your reservation confirmation emails to check the dates.

Of course, we should always read the fine print before clicking agree and we should always re-read those confirmation emails as well. In actuality, I personally find it hard to remember the details of numerous dining reservations 180 days after making them.

Rather than sifting through numerous individual emails and opening them, I like @kniguy's recommendation of a chart to help keep track of the details. It looks like I need to increase the amount of time I spend organizing the details of trip planning because clearly, some of the details are slipping my mind.

It would be great if Disney listed the cancellation policy for each reservation on the My Reservations section in MDE. I literally had to dig through my emails to find the info. People really shouldnt have to make charts to keep track of this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter