Reservation Cancellation Policy Change?

It would be great if Disney listed the cancellation policy for each reservation on the My Reservations section in MDE. I literally had to dig through my emails to find the info. People really shouldnt have to make charts to keep track of this.
It would be wonderful if Disney listed the "cancel by" next to each reservation in MDE. They could do it, they have the technology. But like so many things with Disney IT, they do not do it.

I went through all my ADR's again to verify the cancellation policies. The only one I have that says 5 days is the HEA Fireworks with Plaza viewing. Everything else including Mickey's Backyard BBQ, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam Dessert Party & Frozen Illuminations Desert Party are all one day cancellations as are all character meals I booked.

It would be great if Disney listed the cancellation policy for each reservation on the My Reservations section in MDE. I literally had to dig through my emails to find the info. People really shouldnt have to make charts to keep track of this.

This would be wonderful, why not make it easy for us.

Hahahahahaha! Now you are talking crazy. I suppose you also want the app and the website to work....
Considering the last few ADR's I've tried to book using the app have told me I have a conflict with reservations I have on totally different days I don't see this being a possibility anytime soon.

I wish it clearly stated the cancellation window. I actually have read the policy (lol), and when I do it always say something generic like "You must cancel before the deadline to avoid a fee" or whatever. Am I totally missing where it says 24 hour/48 hour/5 days in there?

So are there any regular meals or character meals that have more than 1 day cancellation policy? Or is it just for some packages and dessert parties?

I wish it clearly stated the cancellation window. I actually have read the policy (lol), and when I do it always say something generic like "You must cancel before the deadline to avoid a fee" or whatever. Am I totally missing where it says 24 hour/48 hour/5 days in there?
You literally have to find the email you received. The website gives that generic warning, the email you received will specify how many days in advance you need to cancel. So, for example, my HEA dessert party on 12/20 email confirmation says: There is a 5 Day cancellation policy. Full price will be charged/forfeited if canceling within 5 Days or no show of the reservation.

My Candlelight Processional Dining, which I'm glad I caught this even though I don't plan to cancel my Neil Patrick Harris Candlelight Processional dinner, the confirmation says: There is a 2 Day cancellation policy. Full price will be charged/forfeited if canceling within 2 Days or no show of the reservation.

So are there any regular meals or character meals that have more than 1 day cancellation policy? Or is it just for some packages and dessert parties?
Candlelight Processional is 2 days, not sure if you consider that a package.

Actually it does for packages like Candlelight Processional, NYE events but you have to scroll down to read all the restrictions before agreeing. It's a generic cancellation policy in wording until you get to the time frame.

Actually it does for packages like Candlelight Processional, NYE events but you have to scroll down to read all the restrictions before agreeing. It's a generic cancellation policy in wording until you get to the time frame.
:-) Yes, it is amazing the things you learn when you read. :teacher:

"They" count on us to be too tired/bored/anxious to get something to read the whole spiel.
They could be Apple, Disney, a bank, etc. I suspect it's working because the plethora of legalese is popping up everywhere.
And noooo I don't read the whole blah blah Apple puts out when I'm downloading;).

Well, they could clearly state it instead of hiding it at the end of a disclaimer. Lots of people seem to miss it and it would be more useful somewhere around the "modify reservation" section, instead of being something you see only once before you click before reserve. It's odd to me that they don't also do this with the hotel reservations - they could easily put a little countdown that says something like "X more days to cancel/modify your reservation!", like they have with the discounts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter