Reservation Refund

johnnyr

DIS Veteran
I cancelled a room only reservation online from the Walt Disney World web site. Did not have any problem cancelling. I never received any kind of email confirmation stating that the reservation was cancelled. There was no confirmation online that my one night room deposit would be refunded to my CC either. It only has been a couple of days and I have not received a refund yet but how long does it usually take Disney to refund a reservation deposit?

I cancelled a room only reservation online from the Walt Disney World web site. Did not have any problem cancelling. I never received any kind of email confirmation stating that the reservation was cancelled. There was no confirmation online that my one night room deposit would be refunded to my CC either. It only has been a couple of days and I have not received a refund yet but how long does it usually take Disney to refund a reservation deposit?
Disney does the refund pretty instantaneously, but the cc may take a few days to process it. I’ve seen the refunds in my Amex usually within 48 hours.

It usually takes 3-5 business days. I've canceled dozens of reservations and have never had a problem getting the money refunded.

I don't like the fact that Disney doesn't issue a cancellation e-mail. Disney cruise line does. Every hotel chain, third party sight, and cruise line issues cancellation emails. I think its really poor customer service on Disney not to send out one. I get your angst. It causes a certain amount of stress when you have no proof and no receipt of a refund.

My experience has been 3 to 6 days before a refund appears on credit card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter