Reservations for Toothsome?

meryll83

All it takes is faith and trust...
Does anyone know if (and how) you can make reservations for Toothsome Chocolate Emporium at Universal Orlando?

I've read the waits can be quite long. How is the wait time for lunch?

And, is there a dessert only line? I guess I mean a take out line for milkshakes? Or is it entirely wait to be seated and place order with a waiter/waitress who will bring it to your table?

Last edited:

I've read the waits can be quite long. How is the wait time for lunch?

And, is there a dessert only line? I guess I mean a take out line for milkshakes? Or is it entirely wait to be seated and place order with a waiter/waitress who will bring it to your table?

We waited like 25 - 30 minutes for dinner on a Thursday night. You check in and then they let you walk around City Walk and text you when your table is ready.

Thanks for your replies.

20-25 minutes isn't a bad wait. I wonder if I was reading older posts.

We stopped in last summer, I want to say about 3:30pm, and the wait was only about half an hour, but we weren't hungry.

We came back, I want to say about 6:30pm, and we were told the wait was over an hour.

However, someone told us that since they text you, you can go a little further than you'd go with a beeper. You can't go deep into the park, but you can go to the shops if you want. We stayed close. We got a text in less than an hour, but then held us a little while longer before they seated us, as if they didn't expect us to be so close.

The restaurant also suggested doing the reverse: send one person ahead while everyone else goes on one last ride before heading to the emporium.

You can also buy stuff from the chocolate shop without any wait.

We found the desserts a bit disappointing. They were just too over-the-top for us, rather like a unicorn frappuchino. (More about image sharing than actually eating). Think a large milkshake with a full sized cupcake on top. The rest of our meal was excellent. We shared a chocolate bar from the shop as our dessert, and that was great.

Last edited:

We found the desserts a bit disappointing. They were just too over-the-top for us,

I'm afraid this is going to be what happens to us too. I have visions of both kids taking one sip and going "I'm done!" They're very cool to look at, and we will definitely walk around but I doubt we'll get more than one dessert to share.

It depends on the time what the waits are like. Once we went and they said the wait was 1.5 hours. So, we went and rode a few rides and came back. A long wait isn't bad if you're doing rides! When we were leaving the restaurant after that, I overheard that it was up to 2.5 hours. One park had just closed. We were too deep 30 minutes the other time and it turned out to only be 20 minutes. Neither wait was bad to us - we adapted since we didn't have to stand around and wait there.

As for going deep into the parks - we were at MIB for a few times through, so deep is fine. I asked what would happen if they texted and we couldn't get back in the five minutes they said we had. We were told to just text them back and let them know if that was the case.

Wow, there are some crazy wait times there!
I wonder why they don't take ressies?

We were there on a Thursday in early April around 7pm and were quoted a 20 minute wait for a table for 4. Was only about 15 minutes. Dinner came out quick, but it took a solid 35 minutes for our desserts to come out after we ordered them when we finished our entrees. Our server didn't let us know that they were behind on desserts until about 10 minutes had passed after we ordered them. So that was frustrating. We'll be back next month and may just go to the takeout counter instead for dessert.

Does anyone know if they do priority seating for onsite resort guests?

I'm planning on eating here for my birthday supper. I'm thinking if we show up about an hour before we actually want to eat we should be okay?

We watched this video:

and held a vote. During our 7 day stay, we plan to go to toothsome twice, assuming the first time works out. We'll get 2 milkshakes for the 4 of us to share. We voted for the caramel, marshmallow, peanut butter and key lime.

All of those shakes look so good and also look huge. I know we could split one, but it is almost impossible to
Get all 3 of us to agree.

I was shocked that we were able to come to an agreement. I'm not letting them re-vote. I'm sure it would never work out again.

I suppose since it will be my birthday I should get to pick the flavor. I just don't know which to choose.

Yep! I've chosen Thoothsome for my 50th birthday dinner. I love chocolate, and my husband loves steampunk, so it seemed like the perfect place. His birthday is just 8 day after mine, but we will have left Florida by then.

Yep! I've chosen Thoothsome for my 50th birthday dinner. I love chocolate, and my husband loves steampunk, so it seemed like the perfect place. His birthday is just 8 day after mine, but we will have left Florida by then.

Nice! Hope you have a lovely meal there........we went for lunch and it was nice. But had no room for dessert.....but I'm not a chocolate person at all.......

It's my 50th this year too, along with our 25th wedding anniversary which is before we arrive. But we arrive in Orlando from NYC on my actual birthday this year........I've chosen The Palm for my birthday dinner that night, one of my favourite onsite restaurants. Love it there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter