Reservations for TRex?

Scorpio67

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know what the reservation policy for TRex is? I tried to make them online and couldnt.

You can make them online - I made one several months ago. You can pretty much make most reservations online, even Swan and Dolphin restaurants. Both Rainforest and T-Rex are accessible online.

Not sure what your trouble was, but I've done it several times for both T-Rex and Rainforest, so if you better explain your problem, perhaps I can help. I am very good with the online system, and would be glad to help.

Good luck, Tiger :)

They release some of their seats to Disney for the reservation line, hold some back to reserve directly at the phone number mentioned above, and keep some for walk-ups. When they first opened, the number was 25%/50%/25% but they may have adjusted it since. So yeah, if there's no availability from the Disney dining line or website, try calling directly.

They release some of their seats to Disney for the reservation line, hold some back to reserve directly at the phone number mentioned above, and keep some for walk-ups. When they first opened, the number was 25%/50%/25% but they may have adjusted it since. So yeah, if there's no availability from the Disney dining line or website, try calling directly.

That's interesting...I never knew this. It makes sense for Safari Club members as we get priority seating, but T-Rex doesn't take that card, but since as you say they are holding seats to do with as they wish, that must work out better for them.

I thought OP was speaking about actually making an ADR, and was having a tech problem.

Tiger

With the Disney Dining Plan becoming more widely used, reservations at Disney Restaurants are hard to come by. That has affected non Disney Restaurants as they are not as busy. We were there over the Christmas holidays and were able to walk into both Rain Forest and T-Rex without reservations and the places were half empty. Talking to our server, she said that the Disney Dining Plan has really affected their business.

With the Disney Dining Plan becoming more widely used, reservations at Disney Restaurants are hard to come by. That has affected non Disney Restaurants as they are not as busy. We were there over the Christmas holidays and were able to walk into both Rain Forest and T-Rex without reservations and the places were half empty. Talking to our server, she said that the Disney Dining Plan has really affected their business.

We have never noticed a decline in crowds at either any of the 3 of these restaurants on property. In fact, many people in line who find out that they don't take DP (not sure how they don't know this beforehand), still go in and pay cash for their meals. On our trip 3 weeks ago, the RFC @ AK had a 2 hour wait for dinner, both nights we were there.

We eat here all of the time, and still see massive crowds at all of them. Plus, they have their own Safari Club Card, which gets 10% off, plus they give AP and DVC discounts too.

I guess it depends when you go - I'm sure the restaurants know how the DP has affected their numbers, but as a frequent patron of these restaurants, I haven't seen it.

Tiger :)

We couldn't get an ADR online when we tried to book for any of the 3 weeks we were there. I called direct and had my choice of just about anything. Glad we did. It was one of our favourites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter