Resort Change by Disney

We have the 4 day park tickets that was valid until August 12 now is showing valid until September 2021. Why? Hope they are not planning on canceling our reservation. Or maybe they think we will cancel.

We have the 4 day park tickets that was valid until August 12 now is showing valid until September 2021. Why? Hope they are not planning on canceling our reservation. Or maybe they think we will cancel.

Disney announced they were extending all tickets to Sept 2021. Previously during the shut down it was mid-Dec. All they are doing is making them "anytime" tickets up to that date. If you waited to go after that time then you'd get credit for the price you paid towards the purchase of new tickets.

Disney announced they were extending all tickets to Sept 2021. Previously during the shut down it was mid-Dec. All they are doing is making them "anytime" tickets up to that date. If you waited to go after that time then you'd get credit for the price you paid towards the purchase of new tickets.
Okay I didn’t see that announcement

Ours still show valid till 8/12/2020
9 day park hoppers booked with a package

Very interesting! Thanks
As a DVC member who is booked at the end of July, this move would bother me greatly if it affects our ability to use our pool because non DVC people ,who didn't even pay for the equivalent of the room, clog up the pool. I'd also be interested in the legality of this with Disney only owning a certain percentage of points at each DVC resort which limits them to be able to sell only so many cash rooms at the dvc resorts.

As a DVC member who is booked at the end of July, this move would bother me greatly if it affects our ability to use our pool because non DVC people ,who didn't even pay for the equivalent of the room, clog up the pool. I'd also be interested in the legality of this with Disney only owning a certain percentage of points at each DVC resort which limits them to be able to sell only so many cash rooms at the dvc resorts.
Well, we are booked at YC in early August. I am hoping the resort switch-a-roo would just be for the first week or two after opening and they leave me at YC. We really want two beds and not a pull out sofa.

Disney can take every room not booked at 60 days out and sell for cash..They can also anticipate things ahead of that as well.

There is absolutely nothing you can do to prevent them from moving cash guests into all open rooms from August 3rd and before...of course, the money goes toward breakage. Tomorrow that date becomes Auguat 4th, etc,

Basically, that is part of our contract.

Well, we are booked at YC in early August. I am hoping the resort switch-a-roo would just be for the first week or two after opening and they leave me at YC. We really want two beds and not a pull out sofa.
Truth. I'm booked at Wilderness Lodge on 7/27 and I will be upset if I get placed in a DVC room that doesn't have two real beds. No way my family can make that work.

Disney can take every room not booked at 60 days out and sell for cash..They can also anticipate things ahead of that as well.

There is absolutely nothing you can do to prevent them from moving cash guests into all open rooms from August 3rd and before...of course, the money goes toward breakage. Tomorrow that date becomes August 4th, etc,

Basically, that is part of our contract.
I am a DVC member and I own at SSR. I have a Jambo House reservation for July. Since I own at a different resort, can they move me from Jambo to another DVC without my permission?

Truth. I'm booked at Wilderness Lodge on 7/27 and I will be upset if I get placed in a DVC room that doesn't have two real beds. No way my family can make that work.

Since Wilderness Lodge has DVC right inside of it with the CCV villas, IMO, I think that resort might be considered open.

Again, it sounds like that if a resort is still going to be closed during a guests trip, then they will either be canceled or moved to an open resort,

I am a DVC member and I own at SSR. I have a Jambo House reservation for July. Since I own at a different resort, can they move me from Jambo to another DVC without my permission?

Yes, So, DVC can close Jambo House and move DVC elsewhere if they decide not to open it as DVC treats Jambo and Kidani as one resort.

On the other hand, not everyone who is losing their rooms wants to be moved to a DVC resort. We’re all going to get pushed around here a bit, unfortunately. Hopefully capacity limits will prevent from too much over-crowding.

Last edited:
Yes, So, DVC can close Jambo House and move DVC elsewhere if they decide not to open it as DVC treats Jambo and Kidani as one resort.
Forgive me one more question -- what if Jambo is open and they want to use the rooms for a group like NBA or major league soccer? Can they kick us over to Kidani?

Since Wilderness Lodge has DVC right inside of it with the CCV villas, IMO, I think that resort might be considered open.

Again, it sounds like that if a resort is still going to be closed during a guests trip, then they will either be canceled or moved to an open resort,
You would think that would be the case with resorts like WL. I really hope it is!!

DISCLAIMER: This is information just to keep in mind and is fluid with so much for Disney to coordinate. It came from an inside source this week. Things could happen this way or not; but this is what they've been told most recently.

We all know the DVC and campground will be opening first. They were told that when Disney begins to open it will be Deluxe resorts only minus one. Moderates and Values will not open at the beginning - this would be why the information about moving guests. It gets further complicated as they are looking at each individual reservation ... and guests will be handled individually, so what you hear happens to someone else might not happen to you. They said some may get moved, some may get cancelled.

In resorts, obviously there will be lots of operational changes to reduce guest/CM interactions.

Yes, discussion is that CSR will be reserved for two sports leagues but that is still in negotiations. With values and moderates closed, so will be the skyliner, for now. No boats from resorts to parks; they will use monorail or buses or walk. This is to avoid close quarters and constant sanitizing. Ferry boat will operate to MK and sounds like non-Disney guests will not be using monorail to MK reserving for guests. Boats will be used for FW and WL. I suppose not using for monorail resorts gives them more boats for those resorts, carrying less people.

AGAIN, this was shared by someone inside, who works resorts and has been there for years. Plans are ever evolving and changing. I share it because if I were booked I would want to be prepared for just about anything happening. What was shared seemed so, wow, but made sense and I can't blame them for wanting to open safe, and the best way financially.

DISCLAIMER: This is information just to keep in mind and is fluid with so much for Disney to coordinate. It came from an inside source this week. Things could happen this way or not; but this is what they've been told most recently.

We all know the DVC and campground will be opening first. They were told that when Disney begins to open it will be Deluxe resorts only minus one. Moderates and Values will not open at the beginning - this would be why the information about moving guests. It gets further complicated as they are looking at each individual reservation ... and guests will be handled individually, so what you hear happens to someone else might not happen to you. They said some may get moved, some may get cancelled.

In resorts, obviously there will be lots of operational changes to reduce guest/CM interactions.

Yes, discussion is that CSR will be reserved for two sports leagues but that is still in negotiations. With values and moderates closed, so will be the skyliner, for now. No boats from resorts to parks; they will use monorail or buses or walk. This is to avoid close quarters and constant sanitizing. Ferry boat will operate to MK and sounds like non-Disney guests will not be using monorail to MK reserving for guests. Boats will be used for FW and WL. I suppose not using for monorail resorts gives them more boats for those resorts, carrying less people.

AGAIN, this was shared by someone inside, who works resorts and has been there for years. Plans are ever evolving and changing. I share it because if I were booked I would want to be prepared for just about anything happening. What was shared seemed so, wow, but made sense and I can't blame them for wanting to open safe, and the best way financially.
What is the one deluxe not opening?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!