Resort Change by Disney

Was originally booked for CBR 5th sleeper July 12th - 20th and they moved us to a BC Villa Studio. I later called back as the studio villa only had 1 bed + pull out and I wanted 2 real beds so they moved us to CR Garden Wing Garden View. I'm pretty happy with the upgrade from a Moderate to a Deluxe even if the Garden wing is more like a moderate then the CV Tower.. I wonder if I could pay the difference and get a tower room with balcony, or would they make me pay the full price then?

Was originally booked for CBR 5th sleeper July 12th - 20th and they moved us to a BC Villa Studio. I later called back as the studio villa only had 1 bed + pull out and I wanted 2 real beds so they moved us to CR Garden Wing Garden View. I'm pretty happy with the upgrade from a Moderate to a Deluxe even if the Garden wing is more like a moderate then the CV Tower.. I wonder if I could pay the difference and get a tower room with balcony, or would they make me pay the full price then?
Nice upgrade!! We were in a CBR fifth sleeper as well (18-21...could have seen ya there!) and were moved to FW cabins but then I asked for a second move and got a Boardwalk villas studio. I feel like if you ask to be moved to a tower room, they’ll charge you the difference between the CBR rate you have and the tower room, not the CR garden view to tower. That’s more of a move out of want rather than “need” (I.e. for a second real bed).

Ya, I would assume the full price change for the tower. I do feel the 2nd real bed is a "need" as a pull out bed isn't even suitable for my kids in my opinion. They are the most uncomfortable things in the world which is why they are re-doing everything to Murphy-beds now. I'd rather sleep on the floor then a pull out and this is why Disney gave me zero push-back for my request. A room with a 1 bed and a pull out and 5th sleeper should never have been created to begin with.

Ya, I would assume the full price change for the tower. I do feel the 2nd real bed is a "need" as a pull out bed isn't even suitable for my kids in my opinion. They are the most uncomfortable things in the world which is why they are re-doing everything to Murphy-beds now. I'd rather sleep on the floor then a pull out and this is why Disney gave me zero push-back for my request. A room with a 1 bed and a pull out and 5th sleeper should never have been created to begin with.
I don't blame you, I wanted two real beds too. We were booked at Wilderness Lodge and moved to CR garden wing at no extra cost. I did ask about upgrading to the tower and I would have been charged the difference between what I paid for Wilderness Lodge and a tower room. It was pretty pricey and didn't seem worth it to us.

:rotfl2: I think I'm there a week before you - July 18 - 26. We could do a socially-distant meet-up at the CR pool.

We're also bringing 8 bottles of wine. And we have a 1-2 TS reservations daily. Plus, we plan to stop at Nomad's, Baseline, Oga's, whatever bar is open at CR, and 2 days at F&W. We may not have characters, fireworks, streetsmosphere, Monster's Inc, Cali Grill, or the France pavilion, but we're still going to have fun! 😜🍷

Now THIS is what I call a vacation!!!!! I never bring food on our trips to Disney because as huge foodies, trying all the snacks and restaurants is half the fun for us. But now you've got my wheels turning.... might have to sneak a bottle of prosecco or two on the plane :laughing: I made a list for me and BF of snacks to try while we're there (it's his first time going so I've been planning our trip non-stop during quarantine and we watch a ton of Iconic Eats videos from the Delish youtube channel). I considered editing it down based on whats open, but by the time we go on 8/21, I assume more things will be open by then, so I'm just gonna leave it as it is for now. We are staying at CBR (got moved from POR), looking forward to checking out Banana Cabana pool bar on our leisure day! 🍹🍹

From what I understand, the rooms in the tower are the same as the rooms in the garden wing.
We stayed in the garden wing once and it was beautiful! Ground floor across from the pool so we had a patio. Love it!
And being able to walk to MK is amazing!

Newbie question: Will the magic bands we got for our original reservation (from May) still work for the new hotel we got moved to?
Think of MB as a link to your information rather than as a storage place for your information.

They simply connect to whatever is in your MDE. So the room you’re in NOW will always be the room info the MB pulls up. If you have MBs from 5 previous trips, you can bring them all, wear a different color each day, and you’ll still always link to whatever is in your current MDE. As long as the MB shows as active in MDE, you are free to use it.

From what I understand, the rooms in the tower are the same as the rooms in the garden wing.
We stayed in the garden wing once and it was beautiful! Ground floor across from the pool so we had a patio. Love it!
And being able to walk to MK is amazing!
The big difference is view and no balconies.

I'm in music in December 2021 and am hearing that the value resorts and port Orleans aren't going to be open in 2021. If that is true would disney approach me to where I can change to or do I have to call them? I was only linked to music last week in MDE.

Uncomfortable. I don't think any sofa bed is comfortable. Kids can do pretty good on them.
My 11 year old daughter thought it was uncomfortable, but she sleeps on a plush queen size bed at home. The younger kids might be ok with them.

I'm in music in December 2021 and am hearing that the value resorts and port Orleans aren't going to be open in 2021. If that is true would disney approach me to where I can change to or do I have to call them? I was only linked to music last week in MDE.
They are only opening certain resorts at this time. It really depends on what happens with everything going forward, no one really knows what will happen months from now. Easier to open as needed, rather than opening everything and having to close them again. If you are at a closed resort, Disney has been moving people to open resorts. You can certainly try to call them if you are worried, but December 2021 is a long way away.

They are only opening certain resorts at this time. It really depends on what happens with everything going forward, no one really knows what will happen months from now. Easier to open as needed, rather than opening everything and having to close them again. If you are at a closed resort, Disney has been moving people to open resorts. You can certainly try to call them if you are worried, but December 2021 is a long way away.
But in saying that since they aren't sure if the value resorts will be open in 2021 and even though its a way away, they will move you anyway?

But in saying that since they aren't sure if the value resorts will be open in 2021 and even though its a way away, they will move you anyway?
They likely will move you, but not for a while. They (or anyone for that matter) just don't know what the environment will be in 2021.

I haven't heard any reports of people being moved with reservations that far out, but you could call and ask? A lot can (and probably will) change between now and then. I don't think even Disney knows if they'll open or not. If things look better and capacities can be increased, they may make a sudden announcement of more resort openings. Just a few weeks ago we didn't know that ones now open this year would be open.

They are moving people who are booked in 2020 at the All-Stars (we had an ASMo for November and was moved to Pop). If they don't open, you'll be moved, but definitely be sure to call at that point so you don't get canceled.

My 11 year old daughter thought it was uncomfortable, but she sleeps on a plush queen size bed at home. The younger kids might be ok with them.
My older girls also say they are uncomfortable (now 26 and 13) but they can handle them for a night or three as long as they don't have to share it, so this wouldn't work for us either.

No sofa beds were my primary criteria when we learned our resort wasn't going to be open and Disney did accommodate that request when moving us.

Has anyone stayed in a studio at Boulder ridge? How is the couch pullout?
Yeah, the pull out couches are pretty uncomfortable. My kids were not impressed, neither was I. I would bring an air matress over sleeping on it.

I haven't heard any reports of people being moved with reservations that far out, but you could call and ask? A lot can (and probably will) change between now and then. I don't think even Disney knows if they'll open or not. If things look better and capacities can be increased, they may make a sudden announcement of more resort openings. Just a few weeks ago we didn't know that ones now open this year would be open.

They are moving people who are booked in 2020 at the All-Stars (we had an ASMo for November and was moved to Pop). If they don't open, you'll be moved, but definitely be sure to call at that point so you don't get canceled.
My assumption is they will be working on a worst case scenario and filling the open resorts for next year and seeing as it goes . Better to accommodate the people who have booked now than later bookings so those who have already booked not being able to stay on property? Does that make sense?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter