Resort Change by Disney

I'm wondering if they'll just shut sections of resorts off rather than condensing two resorts into one, as suggested elsewhere, such as putting all Pop and AoA guests in one resort. It would still make the food courts and transportation busy for that one resort which isn't what they want for effective social distancing
I reckon they may close off parts of resorts, for example at Pop maybe close off the 80s building and even parts of the 90s and 70s too, just having guests in rooms close to the main building. This will reduce the use of transport and food courts more organically. It'll also be more ergonomically sound for running a resort with regards to mousekeeping, pizza delivery and maintenance.
Who knows what Disney has planned and I think things will be changing over the next month so its a case of sitting and waiting.
I thought something along these lines would make sense. People are already social distanced in their rooms and mousekeeping wouldn't have to travel as far. It would certainly be more efficient and help with the things you said.

I have had two friends that have had resort changes that were initiated by Disney. Both of them were presented with the resort that they were going to be changed to. Neither were presented with options of resorts, but likewise, neither of them asked for other options. Both were given "upgrades": Pop to AKL and CBR to AKL and they both were excited about the resort change.

We have a Wilderness Lodge stay 7/25-8/1 and logged on to see if anything else opened up as we were really wanting Yacht Club. All available options are deluxe/DVC resorts, no value or moderate. Not really sure if those options are even legit as they have put a hold on reservations and look to be working on starting the new reservation system they announced yesterday.
Oh awesome! We are booked at Caribbean Beach and would love to go to a DVC Resort. I was looking on Facebook and two woman who were staying at Pop and All Stars Movies are getting moved.

Last edited:
Oh awesome! We are booked at Caribbean Beach and would love to go to a DVC Resort. I was looking on Facebook and two woman who were staying at Pop and All Stars Movies are getting moved.
Omg tell me more! How do they know they are getting moved and what are their dates?

I'm booked July 27-August 3 at Wilderness Lodge and haven't heard anything. I'm very much hoping we get to keep our room at Wilderness. I would not want to be moved to a DVC villa because they do not have two full beds in the studios (with the exception of OKC). Now I'm going to be anxious about this until I hear something.

I'm booked July 27-August 3 at Wilderness Lodge and haven't heard anything. I'm very much hoping we get to keep our room at Wilderness. I would not want to be moved to a DVC villa because they do not have two full beds in the studios (with the exception of OKC). Now I'm going to be anxious about this until I hear something.
I agree! People keep guessing that YC will not open. I don't want to loose my balcony or a bed. I keep watching the boards and worrying. I really need to stop and just wait.

That's just an email from the TA and not from disney. Doesn't count until Disney says they are moved and it gets updated in MDE.
True. It does seem like it may happen since Disney did say they were only opening the DVC resorts and Fort Wilderness.

That's just an email from the TA and not from disney. Doesn't count until Disney says they are moved and it gets updated in MDE.
That might be true but several agencies have been sending out these letters. I could see if it was one or two but its many. I cant imagine all these agencies sending these letters out without first talking to their Disney rep
It would also make sense as only the dvc resorts are being opened. But we will wait and see..

That might be true but several agencies have been sending out these letters. I could see if it was one or two but its many. I cant imagine all these agencies sending these letters out without first talking to their Disney rep
It would also make sense as only the dvc resorts are being opened. But we will wait and see..

cakacity is the issue. Disney can’t do what they want with dvc rooms. If they are unhooked at a certain time they can sell them but with so many dvc points that must be used by nov 30 in the system I see almost no way there are Enough unsold dvc rooms to accommodate everybody at the other resorts.

now if this includes the cash resorts attached to dvc then it could work but I just don’t see how there are enough dvc rooms available for everybody

cakacity is the issue. Disney can’t do what they want with dvc rooms. If they are unhooked at a certain time they can sell them but with so many dvc points that must be used by nov 30 in the system I see almost no way there are Enough unsold dvc rooms to accommodate everybody at the other resorts.

now if this includes the cash resorts attached to dvc then it could work but I just don’t see how there are enough dvc rooms available for everybody
I'd be willing to bet it's the cash side..

Cash side is like two or three percent of rooms at most and DVC is pretty much fully booked every day of the year. I just don’t see how this would be possible, as owners have booked up almost every room in the system already and two percent of that does not even begin to cover the number of rooms they would need in order to shift people over from Values. They can’t block off owners from booking up to the day before the vacation would start, so they can not anticipate having more rooms than are allotted to them via breakage, etc.

id agree but the message posted listed bay lake tower not contemporary as an example. Nothing listed any of the cash attached hotels.
I think they meant cash side as in the fractional amount of villa rooms that Disney on the hotel side is allowed to sell to guests (who are not DVC owners). For example, you can book a studio at a DVC resort through Disney directly for cash when that room is available through breakage and/or the percentage that the hotel side is allowed to sell to the public.

I have had two friends that have had resort changes that were initiated by Disney. Both of them were presented with the resort that they were going to be changed to. Neither were presented with options of resorts, but likewise, neither of them asked for other options. Both were given "upgrades": Pop to AKL and CBR to AKL and they both were excited about the resort change.

We have a Wilderness Lodge stay 7/25-8/1 and logged on to see if anything else opened up as we were really wanting Yacht Club. All available options are deluxe/DVC resorts, no value or moderate. Not really sure if those options are even legit as they have put a hold on reservations and look to be working on starting the new reservation system they announced yesterday.
That’s interesting that both your friends were moved to AKL. I wonder if they were moved to the DVC Jambo or the lodge? A friend of mine who has DVC indicated that Jambo house is showing to be almost completely unavailable from July 11- end of August. (But not Kidani). Interesting.

That’s interesting that both your friends were moved to AKL. I wonder if they were moved to the DVC Jambo or the lodge? A friend of mine who has DVC indicated that Jambo house is showing to be almost completely unavailable from July 11- end of August. (But not Kidani). Interesting.
Not surprising. Kidani is bigger than Jambo and less popular with DVC members. So Jambo would certainly book up more quickly. It always does.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!