Resort Change by Disney

It has been reported that those that did will be getting them to reflect no dining plan. Because the WDW resort run hotels are still closed, those new confirmations are nothing more.

It isn’t an indication one way or the other if that means the resort will be open for your stay.

Since no announcement has been made as to when those resorts will open, all reservations are still in play unless Disney chooses to move you to an open resort or cancel you 7 days out if that resort remains closed.

Sorry everyone!

Well sounds like CS reservations likely to get moved likely until at least September.

I for one am super happy - what a great source of revenue for Disney to have so many rooms filled, guests to feed, and facilities being utilized. This resort always made perfect sense with the convention center and simple security to keep unwanted guests out. Skyliner and monorail resorts don’t need extra foot traffic for fans where social distancing is needed.

I mentioned this in the other thread - I'm booked in the tower at club level for the end of August.

Although I don't expect that I'll be going. I'm REALLY interested in seeing how this plays out. :)

Has anyone actually gotten moved from their resort yet? I know a few who have been emailed from their travel agent saying they would be moved. Do we have anyone who has already been moved?

Some are now speculating that if NBA goes to CSR, maybe they will be using AKL for those guests?

I wish we would hear something. We are supposed to be at FQ July 19th. I understand that this stuff takes time but I would like to know if we are being moved so we can decide if we should cancel. We are also curious about if we can grab EMM plus our dining reservations back. I was pretty chill about losing our fast passes etc, but each day that wears on with no new information is majorly irking me at this point. That is our one vacation week this summer and if I need to make new plans, I need to do so soon. Sigh. Does anybody know when we will hear something?

I wish we would hear something. We are supposed to be at FQ July 19th. I understand that this stuff takes time but I would like to know if we are being moved so we can decide if we should cancel. We are also curious about if we can grab EMM plus our dining reservations back. I was pretty chill about losing our fast passes etc, but each day that wears on with no new information is majorly irking me at this point. That is our one vacation week this summer and if I need to make new plans, I need to do so soon. Sigh. Does anybody know when we will hear something?

Disney is not known for their speed on anything other than increasing prices. LOL.
Seriously they always take forever on any announcement. Basically the information they did provide opened up more questions and didn't answer anything other than reopening date of parks. The original letter to guests said that they would share more information in a couple of weeks. I don't think we will know anything until then.

Some are now speculating that if NBA goes to CSR, maybe they will be using AKL for those guests?

I suspect this is likely. Interestingly, in the DVC booking site, Riviera availability mirrors Jambo from mid-July to mid-Aug (I.e zero availability for any room type for even a one night stay). Is it possible that DVC members booked at Jambo might be given an opportunity to move to Riviera or Kidani?

I suspect this is likely. Interestingly, in the DVC booking site, Riviera availability mirrors Jambo from mid-July to mid-Aug (I.e zero availability for any room type for even a one night stay). Is it possible that DVC members booked at Jambo might be given an opportunity to move to Riviera or Kidani?

No, They will not move any DVC if the resort is open to guests. No need to. I can tell you that my searching for July and August trips, that the RIV rooms disappeared quickly and not in the same manner that Jambo disappeared in hours,

Before the announcement of July 11th opening of park, RIV was already spotty. Oncd announced, things went fast, but a Jambo did not,

Only way DVC would be moved from Jambo would be something like NBA, which seems much less likely as of today.

I don’t believe any ADRs or even special events will be available until they work out the park reservation system.

From what I am told, until someone has a park day, if they do open those things back up, it wont Be accessible until then at the earliest, No sense in letting someone book an ADR before they know they can get in, That is why the removed them all.

In terms with timelines for moves or cancellations, no one knows, My friend has told me that if she begins to have clients who do indeed get moved and not canceled, she will share that confirmed info with me,,

No, They will not move any DVC if the resort is open to guests. No need to. I can tell you that my searching for July and August trips, that the RIV rooms disappeared quickly and not in the same manner that Jambo disappeared in hours,

Before the announcement of July 11th opening of park, RIV was already spotty. Oncd announced, things went fast, but a Jambo did not,

Only way DVC would be moved from Jambo would be something like NBA, which seems much less likely as of today.
Riviera 1bdr and 2br were fully bookable until Monday at which time all availability disappeared for an exactly one-month period.

Riviera 1bdr and 2br were fully bookable until Monday at which time all availability disappeared for an exactly one-month period.

That's also what I saw. Studios were spotty at best but the larger villas were there.

Thanks...I think I assumed you meant studios. But I do know RIV 1 and 2 bedrooms for my Aug 4 to 8 trip were not fully bookable in the past few weeks as that is one of the resorts we wanted to change to,

We had BRV and wanted to be at either BLT or RIV, Ended up getting BLT.

But, maybe they pulled those larger units for moves from suites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter