RESORT Child Care CLUBS... WHICH is better?

Disbug

DIS Veteran
I am looking forward to our upcoming extended family trip this July-Aug. We have all talked about having an adults night out for dinner at the California Grille. My DD's both loved NeverLand Club at the Polynesian about 2 years ago (one was 6 the other 12). Anyone have any input into any of the different child care clubs? Especially those near EPCOT (re the Dolphin Club...)

DD has been to both NeverLand and Harbor Club at BWV. Harbor Club isn't as big or themed like Neverland, but she still liked it. It really depends on the other kids there at the same time. We always call ahead on the day before the planned night to see how many kids of different ages are going to be there. If she is going to be the only one, we usually try to reschedule to a better night.

The Harbor Club has closed.

The Sandcastle Club at the Beach Club is EXCELLENT, my daughter has been there many times and loves it. She also enjoys Camp Dolphin at the Dolphin Hotel, but it is more expensive and the facility is smaller. Both are great choices, though.

so ais this kids club like the ones on the cruise? can DW an I leave DD$ and DS9 while he go out at night, and is there a charge. we are staying at the beach club. thanks

Yes there is a charge, I think most of the clubs now charge $10 an hour. Most of them feed the kids dinner if you get them there early enough say from 5-7pm. Some of them have a minimum or maximum stay time. I believe that most of the clubs are open from 5pm-midnight. Most of them give you beepers so they can contact you if necessary. Your child has to be 4-12 years of age, and must be potty trained.

The Neverland Club at the Poly is open also from 12noon to 4pm, you can visit WITH your child to see what it's like. You can't leave your child alone here at these times.

To make reservations at one of the clubs or to get more information call 407-WDW-DINE.

disbug,

If I read correctly your older DD will be 14 on this trip. That would put her too old for the clubs. Just thought I would point this out to avoid disapointment.

Jordna's mom

Michelle,
When did the Harbor Club close? We were there in Oct and it was open then? Is it closed permanently? DD really liked it

Jordan's Mom,
This is too funny! My daughter is 14, but she has asked if we can talk them into letting her stay (even as a free babysitter!) She must have really loved it two years ago! But, we now have a Disney Baby and Savannah will be watching her that night in our room....
Thanks for you comments, though.

Hey Mic,
I know I'm not Michelle, but I read on one of the websites for Dolphin/Swan that the two clubs had been combined into just the Dolphin Club.

Michelle,
Can you list some activities or differences between the Sandcastle Club and Camp Dolphin (and Never Land Club)....

My kids DD age 9 and DS age 6 really liked Sandcastle last year. They want to go back next trip. They did Valentines art activities, used the computers and arcade games, ate dinner and watched a movie. We felt guilty leaving them there while we went into Epcot, so we picked them up early to go watch Illum. and guess what.... they were mad!:rolleyes: So next time we will let them stay longer. They said they really liked having an evening off their feet!:D

Our dd loved Neverland Club but will be going to Cub's Den this summer. Have any of you used this one and what did you think about it?? Thanks.

When my son was younger he spent time at the Sandcastle Club. We planned on sending him to the club just one evening but he asked to go another night. We always do the early openings , and by dinner he was usually ready for some down time. I was also impressed by the fact that one woman at the club remembered him from previous years. She made a lovely fuss over him and made him feel very special.

Our son has done Neverland several times at different ages and always loved it ... he did the Dolphin Club twice (same trip in March 2001) and also loved it. It is very secure; games, movies, dinner at the soda fountain place at the Dolphin and lots of time in the game room with lots of free tokens ... the game room was the best part for an 11 year old. He has always enjoyed Disney childcare and requested to go there rather than go with the adults in the evening. Highly recommend both.

Thank you all for the great responses and info. I guess I'll ask if they want to try something new or go back to Never Land Club. Although, Sandcastle Club or Camp Dolphin would be more convenient!

My 5 yo DS stayed at the Simba's Clubhouse in AKL while my DH and I ate at Boma. We loved Boma, he loved Simba's. He cried when we picked him up - can't you stay out longer!!!! Pleasseee!!! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter