Resort in the Caribbean

jxgallan

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone, this is my first time posting on this site. I have a 12 old girl who is mildly handicap with cerebral palsay. She has trouble walking and must use a chair for intensive walking and does not handle stairs very well.

We went to Disney in December 2004 and we were delighted that we could go anywhere and everywhere with her in a wheelchair.

We have never been anywhere in the Caribbean but we would love to go. Do you know if resorts all have elevators and are easy to get around in a wheelchair. Are there any that are easier to get around than others.

Juanita
Prince Edward Island, Canada :wave2:

You might be good in Puerto Rico or the US Virgin Islands as I believe that ADA applies there. However, I have read reports of people on cruises who could not get around in wheelchairs at many locations as no curb cuts any most shops or restaurants having to negotiate steps to get into.

I own a business that takes special needs adults on vacations. I have an excellent travel agent who is always looking for new places that will accomodate us. She told me that the Holiday Inn Sun Spree in Montego Bay, Jamaica is now handicapped accessible (including roll-in showers). I believe this is an all-inclusive resort but I have not looked into it yet.

Like chesire said you are safer in PR and the US virgen islands since they have to follow the ADA too. Other countries can really vary so do alot of homework first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter