Resorts with DVD Players?

diznyfanatic

Officially a Moosehead
Can anyone confirm which DVC resorts and room configurations, including VB and HHI, have DVD players in them, and if not already available, when, or if, they might be?

We noticed on our recent trip that not all of the villas have DVD players, which got me to wondering if there are plans to add them?

I can report that the studio portion as well as the living room area of the 1 Bedroom of our 2 Bedroom lockoff at VWL DID have a DVD player. The bedroom area of the 1 Bedroom did NOT have a DVD player.

Our studio at BWV did NOT have a DVD player.

Unfortunately, we didn't notice if our studios at SSR and BCV had DVD players.

Thanks! :)

Our VB studio and VWL studio had DVD players when we were visiting in March.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Thanks Bobbi! I'm really happy to hear that the VB studios have DVD players!

Any other resort reports?

I have never stayed at VB, VWL and HH. I have stayed at BCV, SSR, OKW and BWV and none of them have a DVD player in the studio's. From what I heard from my guide AKV will be the first studio at WDW with DVD players in the studio's.

The bedroom will also have DVD players at AKV.

I guess they do listen to us once in awhile.

BCV last December had DVD player in the studio; this had been reported earlier by others as well in a different thread. I can confirm BCV studio DVD player; as we took advantage of free rental on our last stay.

They must have just added them. I have stayed there several times and they didn't. I have stayed in one bedrooms and really liked having it and missed it when I stayed in the studios.

We just got back from VB. We stayed in the Inn and yes there was a DVD player.

I think the Inn rooms at VB have always had either a VCR, a DVD or a combo (We had a combo in December, 2004). I do not know the set up at HH

Initially, none of the studios at the WDW DVC resorts had VCRs or DVDs. It was because of the armoire - not set up for a VCR or DVD and too expensive to replace all the armoires wholesale. DVC is curently replacing some of the armoires and as they are replaced, DVDs are going in - thus the reports of DVDs in some of the studios at BCV and VWL. AFAIK, they have not done any replacements at the BWV yet.

Nice to hear they are including them at AKV. That tells me that eventually, DVCs will be in all the DVC studios.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter