Ressie but Disney will possibly limit # of guests....

I’m pretty sure that even if every hotel was full, it still wouldn’t fill all 4 parks to the capacity they are allowing. They will probably limit to on-site guests, and you may not get the park you are hoping for unless you go early. But you will be able to get in a park.

Thank you for sharing this. Maybe this is the route they’ll go. Not ideal, but an answer. I wonder if it would be actual members that get to keep reservations & that other will be canceled by date. Just thinking aloud as DVC has, again, shared nothing 😁

I definitely could see them limiting cash guests and even guests of an owner if owner is not there.

But definitely owners will not be kept out assuming availability is there as long as it’s been deemed safe by government to open the DVC resort.

At least your TIW & AP are extended....not very comforting, I know. That stinks. I’m holding out to see what happens. I have 3 separate reservations in Sept for different resorts. Only one-way airfare. I’m not that optimistic. I’m also from NY. We’re all being treated like Typhoid Mary.

Funny/Sad I live in NH (pretty low covid numbers) a couple miles from the Mass border, whenever we see Mass plates or NY ones we want to give them the evil eye!

I wouldn't mind if they were able to ask for volunteers to change their reservations. Maybe there are people who drive down and it wouldn't be as big of a financial hit as those who have nonrefundable plane reservations. Don't see that happening though.

That would not allow them to limit for some owners and.Not others in this situation unless specific units are no longer in service. So, if a hurricane damages part of the resort, then owners of those specific units may be limited. However, as long as the resort rooms are not deemed damaged and a resort opens, they can not arbitrarily take rooms out of service.

When I contacted DCV and asked about all of this it is the emergency powers section that allowed them to close and it guides the reopening along with the property management contract that is with Disney.

It is why there is nothing they can communicate to DVC members about opening until the government approves plans for Disney to run things safely.
Funny/Sad I live in NH (pretty low covid numbers) a couple miles from the Mass border, whenever we see Mass plates or NY ones we want to give them the evil eye!

I wouldn't mind if they were able to ask for volunteers to change their reservations. Maybe there are people who drive down and it wouldn't be as big of a financial hit as those who have nonrefundable plane reservations. Don't see that happening though.
I have quarantined for 70 days...😱 I think we’re good. I think it helps wit the concept of “thin the herd” , unfortunately that many Members aren’t allowed in the country. Which hurts me for them. I feel sympathy for members from Canada & the UK and anywhere else.
I was a Disney Bride. All these canceled weddings. I can’t imagine. For those who don’t know, planning a Disney Wedding is a hassle. My first wedding with 5 times as many guests in NY was easier. It has nothing to do with guests traveling.
Anyway there’s no perfect solution. I would just like some communication at this point.

I have quarantined for 70 days...😱 I think we’re good. I think it helps wit the concept of “thin the herd” , unfortunately that many Members aren’t allowed in the country. Which hurts me for them. I feel sympathy for members from Canada & the UK and anywhere else.
I was a Disney Bride. All these canceled weddings. I can’t imagine. For those who don’t know, planning a Disney Wedding is a hassle. My first wedding with 5 times as many guests in NY was easier. It has nothing to do with guests traveling.
Anyway there’s no perfect solution. I would just like some communication at this point.

Since the reopening plans are being submitted this week...today..and it’s been said the Mayor needs a few days to review and approve, I’m thinking next week we will hear from TWDC...and once that is announced, DVCM can update is with information. But, until they get approval from county, not really much they can tell owners as it’s all in the hands of others at state and local level.

Since the reopening plans are being submitted this week...today..and it’s been said the Mayor needs a few days to review and approve, I’m thinking next week we will hear from TWDC...and once that is announced, DVCM can update is with information. But, until they get approval from county, not really much they can tell owners as it’s all in the hands of others at state and local level.

I think the key timing will be when they get the approval from state and local. Once that happens lets see IF and or how long they drag their feet.

I definitely could see them limiting cash guests and even guests of an owner if owner is not there.

But definitely owners will not be kept out assuming availability is there as long as it’s been deemed safe by government to open the DVC resort.

I don't see that they could stop an owner from having guests without the owner there. They can't pick and choose which contract terms they are going to go by. Besides how is this any different than Disney renting out DVC rooms to guests for cash?

I don't see that they could stop an owner from having guests without the owner there. They can't pick and choose which contract terms they are going to go by. Besides how is this any different than Disney renting out DVC rooms to guests for cash?

I included cash guests being prohibited. I was trying to make the point that they can not keep owners out for sure if the resort is open for bookings,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter