Restaurant Dining for One

Arindita

Earning My Ears
I'll be at the Orlando Area in March and I was planning on eating at one of the Disney Resort Hotels Restaurants. Any suggestions for a good restaurant for a person that will be eating alone but doesn't want to miss the magic of the Disney parks? I've never eaten at any of the nicer restaurants, only at the food court in Art of Animation.

Maybe check out the menus either here on the DIS or at allears and see which most appeals? No problems for a solo diner eating at any of the resort hotel restaurants. One of my favs is Sanaa at Kidani Village. Enjoy whichever one you choose! :-)

I just did the Biergarten solo and it was fun. The family style dining meant there were others at the table, which provided a source of conversation. Plus it is a buffet, so you are eating quick.

Sanaa is good. I did the bread service solo with an entree... it was too much food. Good tho.

I also liked 1900 Park Fair for a buffet. Noisy, but he characters were pretty awesome to see and interact with even as a solo

If you want just resort, any of the MK resorts would be good if you are wanting Disney magic since you can see MK. Flying Fish on the Boardwalk is nice and you can see Epcot from the BW.

I really enjoy sitting at the bar when I am traveling solo. I've found the bartenders are usually friendly and chatty, as are the other patrons. Plus you can get food from I'd try the Flying Fish bar at the Boardwalk if you'd like very special food in a more upscale environment, Geyser Point at the Wilderness Lodge if you like more casual food and dining al fresco or River Roost at Port Orleans Riverside if you like Southern cuisine and live entertainment on certain nights.

I'm a fan of Narcossee's at the Grand Floridian. We like timing dinner with the MK fireworks. It's a wonderful view from there.

If you want a little cheaper than the Grand Floridian Cafe has a so so view of the fireworks.

You can go to the boating dock and watch from there, as well.

I'd recommend looking into restaurants with lounges/bars. One that comes to mind is the Tambu Lounge. You can order a few Ohana items and sit at the bar, rather than at a table by yourself. Cali Grill has one, Artist Point, and a few other restaurants.

Also, can't recommend the Disney Springs restaurants enough. I'm a big fan of Polite Pig and Enzo's Hideaway was great for a drink and some charcuterie.

Be a "hitchhiker" at Sci-Fi Diner and 50s Prime Time is good. Sometimes you are seated by a window.

I'll be at the Orlando Area in March and I was planning on eating at one of the Disney Resort Hotels Restaurants. Any suggestions for a good restaurant for a person that will be eating alone but doesn't want to miss the magic of the Disney parks? I've never eaten at any of the nicer restaurants, only at the food court in Art of Animation.
Narcoossee's or Sanaa!

As crazy as it sounds, consider a character meal solo. If you're a people-watcher, like I am, it's excellent. I went to Cape May by myself for breakfast one morning, and I LOVED watching the characters interacting with the families, especially the little children. I felt kind of shy, and really didn't want character interaction, and the characters were wonderful. Minnie would wave and blow me a kiss whenever she went by my table. And the servers treated me very well-I had 2 servers who kept stopping by to make sure I had everything I needed. As I was leaving, I noticed that I wasn't the only solo there either. Since then I've gone to several character meals solo-great for people watching, and time goes by so quickly!

I got a night solo before my buddies meet me in September. Plan on hitting the bar at STK for a nice steak and a vodka.... You should never feel weird sitting at ANY bar by your self and having dinner, i do it all the time.

This is a great thread! I have also eaten at the bar at the Flying fish and agree that's a great way to enjoy a wonderful meal as a solo traveler. The bartenders are attentive and you can see into the kitchen.

Does anyone have other EPCOT recommendations? I saw the Biergarden suggestion but I don't want to eat family style. I actually prefer eating alone when I am traveling solo.

This is a great thread! I have also eaten at the bar at the Flying fish and agree that's a great way to enjoy a wonderful meal as a solo traveler. The bartenders are attentive and you can see into the kitchen.

Does anyone have other EPCOT recommendations? I saw the Biergarden suggestion but I don't want to eat family style. I actually prefer eating alone when I am traveling solo.
Coral Reef - they will seat you down by the tank.

For the OP, since they want a hotel restaurant: I would recommend Boma at AKL. The hotel is gorgeous and you can walk around and take in the animals.

The restaurants at Disney Springs are also nice.

If you like People Watching, I loved Chef's de France-ask for a window table. Just be prepared-some people think they can see in but you can't see out, so when I was there, I had a few people who walked right up to the window from outside and stared down at my food.

Hello,
I'm doing my first solo trip in October. Nervous and excited. Do I need to make reservations if I intend to eat at the bar?

Hello,
I'm doing my first solo trip in October. Nervous and excited. Do I need to make reservations if I intend to eat at the bar?
Don’t feel pressure to eat at the bar just because you are solo. Going on my third solo trip in April, didn’t eat at the bar one time.

Katsura Grill @ the Japan Pavilion is a nice locale with great food for anyone who feels ambiance is part of the dining experience. Easy enough to get a solo table as you pick it yourself as this is a QS. You won't see the lagoon or it's walkways and pedestrians but can marvel at the realistic landscaping that evokes a Japanese mountain retreat. We found it in a search for noodle soup on a cold day at Epcot (none in the China Pavilion:() and it hit the spot both visually and tastebud wise. I can see being happy there whether solo or with others.

Sommerfest has an edited version of Biergarten's food that offers sheltered park benches for seating should German cuisine be what you crave. Some wurst and a pretzel could make you happy. I found the German style frankfurter easier to eat and closer in seasoning than the bratwurst. Think they serve beer as well but don't hold me to that.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter