Restaurant Reviews from April 18 - 22

Dana49

<font color=FF3300>No longer lonely without a tag<
We (DS, DW, and I) just returned from one of the best Disney vacations that we have ever had. We arrived on April 18 and left on the morning of April 23. The trip was great from start to finish. The staff at the Yacht Club's Concierge level couldn't have been better.
We tried several restaurants that ranged from "good" to "excellent." We had no restaurants that, we would say, were "fair" or "poor." Here's where we dined:

April 18:
Chefs de France - Dinner - Very Good
We had a PS at 8:30 P.M. The restaurant was winding down for the evening, but the service was still very good. We highly recommend their Lobster Bisque (very creamy but slightly salty) and my DS loved the roasted breast and confit leg of duck.

April 19:
Chefs de France - Lunch - Very Good
Dinner was so good the night before, that we returned for lunch. I loved the Pain Bagnat (tuna sandwich - bring your appetite) and my DW enjoyed, but couldn't finish, the Croque Monsieur et sa salade verte (a VERY large grilled cheese sandwich and salad).

Rose and Crown - Dinner - Good
The pub itself is closed for renovations, so there was no Guinness or Bass on draft :(. For dinner, we had the Pie Sampler, Bangers and Mash, and Steak and Prawns. Nothing outstanding, but it was okay.

April 20:
Spoodles - Breakfast - Very Good
We highly recommend the frittatas and the french toast (HUGE). The service was excellent, and everyone was very friendly. This was our first time there and we WILL return. We walked in at 7:30 A.M. without a PS. Lots of room was available.

Jiko - Dinner - Excellent *****
The BEST meal of our entire trip (PS at 5:30 P.M.). We can't wait to go back in December. Wine, food, service, and atmosphere, WOW! For dinner, we highly recommend: the Kalamata Olive Flatbread, the Maize Tamales, the Pork Tenderloin, and the Beef Shortribs.

April 21:
Beaches and Cream - Late Lunch - Very Good
The best burgers on the property and by far, the best ice cream dishes. The wait is fairly long, but it's well worth it. :)

April 22:
Boma - Breakfast - Very Good
We ate there the first week that it opened and decided to try it again. My DS loves the coffee, so we had to go. It hadn't changed much from 2001. The same basic fare with their always delicious "Frunch." I'm not much for buffets, but it's worth a stop.

BlueZoo - Dinner - Excellent ****
UPSCALE - There's no other way to describe it. The atmosphere and service was excellent. The food, mainly fish dishes, was fresh and very tasty. This is a restaurant that is a great "last night" meal for the romantics. We honestly thought that this restaurant deserved an "11" on a scale of 1-10. Todd English has done a fantastic job.

I forgot to add the fact that we had lunch at one of our favorite stops, in previous years, the Trail's End Buffeteria. We were disappointed this time and probably won't be returning for a while. There were very few tables occupied when we walked in. This wasn't a good sign.
Many items on the buffet were either running low or looked like they've been there a while. The best of the buffet was the fried chicken, but for almost our entire meal, there were only legs and thighs. I don't know what happened to the buffet of the past, but it has definitely gone slightly downhill. :(

Your reviews,sorry to hear about Trail's End.:wave2:

Thanks for sharing. Sorry to hear that about Trails End hopefully it was just an off day. What were the food offerings like at YC CL???

Enjoyed the reviews.
Blue Zoo is on our Oct. list!!
Did you notice what most folks were wearing that evening??

The pub itself is closed for renovations, so there was no Guinness or Bass on draft .

I knew the pub was going to be closed, bummer enough, but now you can't get any Guinness or Bass? What's up with that? I guess I figured they'd just serve from the outside kiosk near the garden area! Is there no Guinness or Bass to be had on the fly or outdoors. Do they have it in bottles in the restaurant? Any ideas when the rehab will be complete?

Thanks for any information--puts a real damper on my EPCOT enjoyment since Guinness is a real fave of mine and a Black & Tan another! :tongue:

We're also looking forward to trying Jiko next April. Thanks for the reviews.

Originally posted by Uncleromulus
Enjoyed the reviews.
Blue Zoo is on our Oct. list!!
Did you notice what most folks were wearing that evening??

"Uncle R" - the dress was mainly casual. However, BlueZoo was a bit more dressy than Jiko. You'll love the restaurant. Enjoy! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter