Return of the Magic (at least a little bit)

dragitoff

DIS Veteran
I've been vocal when we've experienced less than stellar cast performance or crowds were unbearable or wait times were inexplicably wrong and unusually longer than normal so it's only fair that I brag on Disney when things go well.

Last week, my family was in Orlando to take my daughter to see some YouTube people she loves for her birthday. We had originally planned to spend a few days in Orlando for the 4th, but not going to any of the parks. We own a vacation home down there and love to just get away to it when we can and the resort is nice with a water park so the kids get some fun as well even w/o a park day.

My wife and I needed to renew our FL resident AP's and had to go to the park to provide proof of residency in person since our licenses are AL and our CC's are too since we live in AL the majority of the time. We decided since we had to do that, we'd surprise our kids and take them to Epcot for a day. As much as we wanted to see Toy Story Land, we knew better than to try that since we had been to Pandora last year days after it opened and the crowds were unreal.

We made some last minute FP's and were shocked to have minimal waits for the premier attractions that we couldn't get FP's for. Soarin' was a walk-on and Frozen Ever After was only a 10 minute wait. This was surprising since our last few trips (even during historically slower months) were met with 60+ minute waits for even attractions like Living with the Land. This was 4th of July week! We thought it was just the crowds flocking to DHS for TSL opening, but talking to others who were at other parks around the same time, confirmed they were experiencing the same thing we were. TSL seemed to be the only place in WDW experiencing extremely high crowds.

Even the CM's were great all day. They were helpful, friendly, and professional. My wife and I were talking in one of the short queues how this day at Epcot helped restore some of the lost magic that had occurred over the past 3 or 4 trips. We were very close to not renewing our AP's. I'm really glad we did and I hope this trend continues! As new attractions and lands continue opening over the next few years, I hope that will significantly help with the crowds since I believe some of the poor CM interactions were partially attributed to pissed off guests taking their frustrations out on CM's and the CM's reacting in kind. I'd love to see those days of stellar customer service and guest experience return to my favorite place in the world to be!

Glad you had a good experience. This is why we like to go in the summer. The low wait times make everything so much more pleasant, even if it is hot outside.

I've been vocal when we've experienced less than stellar cast performance or crowds were unbearable or wait times were inexplicably wrong and unusually longer than normal so it's only fair that I brag on Disney when things go well.

Last week, my family was in Orlando to take my daughter to see some YouTube people she loves for her birthday. We had originally planned to spend a few days in Orlando for the 4th, but not going to any of the parks. We own a vacation home down there and love to just get away to it when we can and the resort is nice with a water park so the kids get some fun as well even w/o a park day.

Just wondering was it the Dan & Phil show y’all went see? My DH drove all the way to Houston for our DD to go see them.

Just wondering was it the Dan & Phil show y’all went see? My DH drove all the way to Houston for our DD to go see them.

Yes. Both my DD17 and DD14 (it was DD14's Bday present) went. I bought a ticket, but spent the entire show sitting in the lobby sipping gin and tonics and playing on my phone. I was one of MANY parents doing that very thing. lol.

Yes. Both my DD17 and DD14 (it was DD14's Bday present) went. I bought a ticket, but spent the entire show sitting in the lobby sipping gin and tonics and playing on my phone. I was one of MANY parents doing that very thing. lol.

Lol. My DH bought good tickets for DD and her friend and nosebleed for himself so he could keep an eye on them. They had a good time. I don’t see the attraction, but what do I know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter