Review of Pizzafari

Forever42

The best part of Disney is the food!
While at Animal Kingdom, Mike and I decided to try out ordering off the kid’s menu at one of the counter service restaurants. Tusker House’s children’s menu didn’t sound very interesting at the moment, so we decided to go over to Pizzafari instead. I’ve only ever been there once and didn’t have enough time to wander around to check out the different rooms. Mike and I decided between us to share a deli sandwich ($6.19), a cheese pizza kid’s meal ($5.99), and a large soda ($2.29). One of the things I like about Animal Kingdom is that because the only sit down restaurant is Rainforest Café, four of the counter service restaurants accept Disney Dining Experience cards. So while Mike waited in line, I went around the different rooms, looking at the decorations and taking pictures while deciding the best room to eat in. I noticed that the smaller rooms tended to be noisier, possibly because of the way that sound could bounce off of opposite walls better than in larger rooms. Even so, one of the smaller rooms, the snail and turtle themed room, emptied out a bit and I stayed there. I looked up and noticed the small snails and turtles covering the ceiling, which I really enjoyed.

I had stopped at the condiment stand before selecting a seat, and picked up forks, knives, napkins, and crushed red pepper. It was a very well stocked condiment stand, especially for lunch time. After a little while, Mike came back with the food. I thought it was a great deal for approximately $13 after DDE and sales tax. The sandwich looked to be on half of a large round loaf, with different deli meats (turkey and ham), cheese, tomatoes, and what appeared to be the same Caesar salad that they served separately. The bread was also toasted, and it made for an absolutely delicious combination. The sandwich also came with Miss Vickie’s plain kettle potato chips. The pizza tasted fresh, not frozen, with a crust that was crispy on the bottom and slightly doughy right under the sauce. It was a bit greasy, and we patted a lot of oil off with some napkins, but it tasted great. There was even cornmeal on the bottom, which I always think is a nice touch. The kids meal came with a small bag of Lays potato chips, for which unfortunately we were told there was no substitution. Overall, I’d probably rate this as the best tasting meal I’ve had at the Animal Kingdom, over the Tusker House and Flame Tree Barbecue.

There was ample seating for the time of day, just perhaps not in the particular room that you would want to sit in. If I remember correctly, there are two smaller rooms, and two larger rooms. I can’t comment on the service at the cashier stand or at the food counter, but the Cast Members in each room cleaned up the tables very quickly and were constantly removing trash.

We had previously had a pretty boring chicken Caesar salad here, but after this meal we’ll make this a repeat restaurant. Splitting the sandwich with a chicken Caesar salad will be a combination we’ll try in the future, we’re hoping that the Caesar salad has improved since we last tried it in January. Even though the fare here is pretty standard and not too adventurous, it’s tasty and can be cheap for Disney counter service!

.Yahoo photo gallery

----

I apologize for not responding to every compliment that comes my way, but I appreciate everything. I also apologize that the reviews are slow in coming, but school restarted and I'm busier than ever.

Thanks for the thorough review, I'm planning to try Pizzafari on my next trip! :D

Great review! A few weeks ago, I split the child's pizza meal deal with my dd and it was great! Especially, since you get the 2 coupons to use later in the day, for the same price that the pizza usually costs! Best deal of the week! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter