Rhine Cruise....explain the boarding process to me!!

Correct, Danielle told me no. She's also the one who said you can't get transfers to the port if you do not book pre-stays through ABD due to security measures. So unless this is something new rolling out for future cruises??
I don't work for ABD, just repeating the info provided.

Anyone Can enter a Hotel ....... you could be a Guest .

So you CAN join the Group at the Hotel ..

Nobody can stop you provided you have your tickets .

I'm confused. What is the benefit of taking a cab to the Radison Blu to get the ABD bus? Why not just go directly to the ship? Also, I understand that you don't pick your port adventures until you board the ship. How early can you do that?

We took a train to Basel (from Zurich). From the train station we took a cab directly to the ship (cost was 13 Euros); it was super easy (my TA told us what docks the ship could be at and our cab driver had no issue finding it right away). We got to the ship around 11:30am. We left our bags with them and walked (around 10 minutes) to the Old Town of Basel for lunch and to wander around (it is a lovely place to spend a few hours).

When we arrived at the ship it was practically empty, which was nice. And if you have to take a cab to the Radisson Blu, why not just get a cab to the ship? Just a thought!

We are taking a Disney Magic cruise out of Barcelona that ends 2 nights before we board the ABD ship in Basel. Would you recommend staying those 2 nights prior in Zurich or Basel? We lived in Europe for over 6 years, so I have no problems with taking the train, just wasn't sure which destination would be better to spend the 2 nights in? I'm sure we'll be tired from the Med cruise, but wanted someplace nice and relaxing with lots of restaurants and shops. TIA!

We are taking a Disney Magic cruise out of Barcelona that ends 2 nights before we board the ABD ship in Basel. Would you recommend staying those 2 nights prior in Zurich or Basel? We lived in Europe for over 6 years, so I have no problems with taking the train, just wasn't sure which destination would be better to spend the 2 nights in? I'm sure we'll be tired from the Med cruise, but wanted someplace nice and relaxing with lots of restaurants and shops. TIA!

If you have 2 nights and haven't been to Zermatt before, that is where I would head. It's so pretty. It would be a great place to relax for 2 nights and head up the Matterhorn when the weather permits. I'd recommend the Zermatterhof with a Matterhorn-facing room if you could. Ask for a newly renovated room. I heard the Mount Cervin is nice (friends stayed there this summer) but I don't think they have rooms that face the mountain. Then you could take the train direct to Basel the day of your cruise.

Failing that I'd recommend 2 nights in Lucerne. They have the Transportation Museum (it's quite good) and it's a very pretty town.

Personally I wouldn't spend 2 nights in Basel. And there's not too much to do in Zurich.

ABD seems to be changing how to sign up for excursions. So who knows what the procedure will be when you board. When we went it was huge line-ups at 3:00 to sign up. But they have changed the process since then. Hopefully for the better (it surely couldn't be worse).

If you have 2 nights and haven't been to Zermatt before, that is where I would head. It's so pretty. It would be a great place to relax for 2 nights and head up the Matterhorn when the weather permits. I'd recommend the Zermatterhof with a Matterhorn-facing room if you could. Ask for a newly renovated room. I heard the Mount Cervin is nice (friends stayed there this summer) but I don't think they have rooms that face the mountain. Then you could take the train direct to Basel the day of your cruise.

Failing that I'd recommend 2 nights in Lucerne. They have the Transportation Museum (it's quite good) and it's a very pretty town.

Personally I wouldn't spend 2 nights in Basel. And there's not too much to do in Zurich.

ABD seems to be changing how to sign up for excursions. So who knows what the procedure will be when you board. When we went it was huge line-ups at 3:00 to sign up. But they have changed the process since then. Hopefully for the better (it surely couldn't be worse).

Thank you so much! This was just what I needed!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter