Ride Logistics for Family of 5

Family of 5. Usually my husband or I sit alone or with strangers. In your case, the younger two kids need an adult, so the 8 year old may be by herself or with a stranger.

As the Dad, I typically rode solo. Same issue though with 5 kids (18, 14, 8). It always worked well since the kids were happy to go together or mom.

Yes, and I get why there are policies on the ages, but I think the whole 14 to ride with an under 7 is a bit much, and they do ask and enforce it!

I have an almost 13 year old and a 6.5 year old (both are big for their age) and they actually wanted to ride something together last week (Slinky Dog). I was THRILLED, they never want to do anything together. My husband and I were right behind them. Right at the ride load, the CM asked my oldest how old he was and he said 14 (we had told him to whenever asked) but the youngest of course piped up that he wasn't (because we hadn't prepped him) and they would not let them ride together. I was pretty annoyed. I know rules are rules, but I think that one is pretty excessive. I can see needing a 14+ sibling for a baby/toddler or even if they are completely alone without parents on the ride, but we were right behind them. Wasn't the end of the world, but I thought it was so nice that they wanted to do something together for once and then weren't allowed. We are season pass holders at Hershey Park and they can ride stuff together there if they want to, we don't even have to go on the ride with them. I feel for odd numbered families for kids in that age range, I can see how it can be quite challenging to get the right combinations.

The rules can be inconvenient for some families (including mine) but I probably wouldn’t tell my child to lie.

It’s frusturating that’s for sure as a single mom traveling with four on her own .. it stresses me out I will go with the then 5 year old, DS 17 will go with the 6 year old little man which will always leave my 13 yr old DD to ride alone.. :(
She’s legal to babysit and has the best rapport with my 6 year old autistic little guy.. he’s better for her than the rest of us ..
I keep telling her single rider lines she will be able to ride twice while we wait for once trying to smoother the blow

That said is there a page/thread/link with how many ppl can ride per car? Are there any I can ride with both littles and allow big kids to ride together??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!