Rider swap, can anyone confirm?

DG25

Mouseketeer
asked about two months ago about FP and rider swap and kennel and got an answer, now I am hearing conflicting information.

We have used FP and rider swap together for a service animal, one person has a FP, we tell them the other needs a rider swap and will sit with the dog. We get a rider swap and then that person goes. In this case we usually have two FP.

Sometimes we ask for a kennel use and in this case we always have two FP.

(In kennel case CM are very nice and usually give two rides, I think mainly so the don't have to set up kennel twice because it is a big job.)

This year we are throwing a baby into the mix. So we won't be able to go all the way threw the line.

So everyone told me a few months ago, and I read it on here, that with the baby and the dog, I won't be able to walk up to front of line and then switch.

But I was told to get one FP, then ask for a rider swap. First person uses FP and second person uses rider swap.

Now I am being told no, everyone has to have a fast pass. Than why would we need a rider swap?

For me it is not convenient to not have my dog, and it is going to be very difficult to walk thru a queue without her but with a toddler we have no option. Anyway we look at it it will take 1 hour or more to do one ride, believe me it takes even longer when I use the kennel. So this does not make much sense to me that we both need the same FP if we are getting a rider swap.

Can anyone confirm, since I need to make FP by next week, how is Disney handling this at this point in time, like the last month or so. Does anyone know.

asked about two months ago about FP and rider swap and kennel and got an answer, now I am hearing conflicting information.

We have used FP and rider swap together for a service animal, one person has a FP, we tell them the other needs a rider swap and will sit with the dog. We get a rider swap and then that person goes. In this case we usually have two FP.

Sometimes we ask for a kennel use and in this case we always have two FP.

(In kennel case CM are very nice and usually give two rides, I think mainly so the don't have to set up kennel twice because it is a big job.)

This year we are throwing a baby into the mix. So we won't be able to go all the way threw the line.

So everyone told me a few months ago, and I read it on here, that with the baby and the dog, I won't be able to walk up to front of line and then switch.

But I was told to get one FP, then ask for a rider swap. First person uses FP and second person uses rider swap.

Now I am being told no, everyone has to have a fast pass. Than why would we need a rider swap?

For me it is not convenient to not have my dog, and it is going to be very difficult to walk thru a queue without her but with a toddler we have no option. Anyway we look at it it will take 1 hour or more to do one ride, believe me it takes even longer when I use the kennel. So this does not make much sense to me that we both need the same FP if we are getting a rider swap.

Can anyone confirm, since I need to make FP by next week, how is Disney handling this at this point in time, like the last month or so. Does anyone know.

It's going to vary, from CM to CM. That's why you are getting conflicting info. Is it just two adults, the service dog, and the infant? Could you have one more adult come along to help guide you?

There really isn't a reason to get a rider swap if you have 2 fastpasses and are solidly within the fastpass window. If you are at the end of the FP window, you may want to get one, just so you can still use your fastpass (remember that there is a 10-15 minute "grace period" for the end of the fast pass. Another thing I've heard conflicting information on.) The other reason you would need a rider swap with a fast pass is if another person is riding twice - the rider swap allows for 2 people to return. So if you had an older child and a younger child who didn't meet the height requirements, the older child could go with both parents with the swap.

We haven't had to use that in a little while, but when we requested the rider swap at the Fast Pass line, they did check to make sure all eligible riders had a fastpass first. That was a few years ago, but I remember they had us scan all our bands to make sure we all had fast passes before they gave my husband the swap card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts