Rider Swap with Large Group

kshattuck

DIS Veteran
We are traveling with 14 family members this July and want to maximize FP and RS to the best of our ability. This is the first time traveling with a group this large and it's the first time in a while that we are traveling with kiddos who don't meet height requirements, so I want to be sure to understand the current guidelines:

--You should present the child/children with you to demonstrate an actual need for the RS
--You can be given a RS whether or not you ride standby or have a FP

Questions:
--Are you given a paper pass to present as your RS?
--How many guests can ride using that RS?
--If you have multiple children who don't meet the requirement, can you be given multiple RS? (e.g., kids are from two different families within the large group, so two adults opt to stay with the kids who are unable to ride and each of them would then be given an RS?)
--Are you still permitted to go through the FP line with a RS pass?

Thanks everyone!

You get one RS for each family with a non eligible rider, the first party can use the FP line if they have FP or the standby line if they don't.

Some attractions give the paper RS pass when you show the child at the entrance of the queue, others give you a lanyard at the entrance. When you get the lanyard (more attractions seem to be moving to this method) the first parent riding gives the lanyard to the CM at boarding in exchange for the paper RS pass.

The paper RS pass is good for 3 guest to return and ride via the FP line, most are good for that day some are valid longer.

For some rides they don’t always give RS if you don’t have a FP for everyone in the party. SDMT and FOP are the main ones. Also RS now seems to be good only for the day of, instead of the month.

We went with a large group and had no trouble getting multiple rider swaps for our multiple toddlers/babies.

We were just there the first week of April. This was the week after Easter so peak Spring Break crowds. We never had to show the non rider had a FP. We swapped Mine Train and FOP twice. The pass is good for three people to go through the FP line. Some rides are going to passes that expire day of. I think Mine Train, FOP, Everest and Big Thunder Mt. all expired day of. I believe Splash and Soarin were good for the month.

I have not tried to get more than one ticket so I can not speak to that. However I think if you walked up as distinct groups you should be fine.

We were just there the first week of April. This was the week after Easter so peak Spring Break crowds. We never had to show the non rider had a FP. We swapped Mine Train and FOP twice. The pass is good for three people to go through the FP line. Some rides are going to passes that expire day of. I think Mine Train, FOP, Everest and Big Thunder Mt. all expired day of. I believe Splash and Soarin were good for the month.

I have not tried to get more than one ticket so I can not speak to that. However I think if you walked up as distinct groups you should be fine.
I'm glad to hear that you didn't have any problems. It doesn't make sense to me that everyone in the party would need a FP for a RS. For instance, if there is a 4 or 5 year old who can get a RS for a parent for FoP, shouldn't the 2 of them be entitled to get a FP for N'avi? If the parent is forced to get a FP to get a RS for FoP, then the 4 or 5 year old doesn't get a FP to use for a ride they can go on.

I'm glad to hear that you didn't have any problems. It doesn't make sense to me that everyone in the party would need a FP for a RS. For instance, if there is a 4 or 5 year old who can get a RS for a parent for FoP, shouldn't the 2 of them be entitled to get a FP for N'avi? If the parent is forced to get a FP to get a RS for FoP, then the 4 or 5 year old doesn't get a FP to use for a ride they can go on.

Exactly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter