Rider Switch

DGsAtBLT

DIS Veteran
We are familiar with Rider Switch in general, but haven't used it since 2018 when it was a paper system. I'm finding conflicting info when I search online or vague terms like "may", although I think some of it is just old info.

Is there a defined window of time where the second group needs to return, or is it like the old system where the group can come back anytime that day (I know month isn't a thing anymore)? Does everybody now have to hold a FP in order to get rider switch? Hoping to be able to have DH take my little guys on NRJ while I take my oldest on FoP. If DH has to miss FoP this trip no big deal, but for planning purposes just want to know what to expect. Any other major differences I'm missing with the switch away from paper?

When we were there in 2018, most of the CMs indicated to us that we had to use the swap within the hour of receiving the swap. We didn’t really test the waters and used them right away. They scanned the rider swap fast passes right onto the magic bands.

Oh and sorry that I forgot to add, but your DH does not need a fp to do the swap in my experience. Only you and your son. Then your husband and son will receive the rider swap. The one thing I did notice differently is that they wanted to see my toddler almost as proof that the rider swap was necessary.

Thank you! It feels so odd booking NRJ when FoP is right there for the taking, but that's what I'll be doing tomorrow (for half of us, lol).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!