Rides for 16 mos. old

mousemaniac

Mouseketeer
What rides can you take a 16 mos. old on? I'm guessing that Small World, Pirates, and maybe some others are okay if in our lap, but I'm not real sure. Has anyone done this before.

Thanks.

and he went on nearly everything we did. Not the coasters, and not the orbit or the bumper cars. He did great on most of them, a little scared of the dark but then I just talked to him. Another thing we did was to take a tiny flashlight with us and when it was pitch dark we would turn it on and shield it from others but then he could see something and felt better. BTW he hated any ride that got him wet, there are several shows with a bit of mist for effect and that always upset him, Ariel, most of the 3D type shows, and don't even try the bug show. He loves the Lion King show at AK and I stood in back for Tarzan because it is so loud. In fact I would recommend being ready to cover ears during loud parts. He loved the characters and the color and excitement of the parks. He also loved the parades.

Good Luck

Jane

We took our DS when he was 14 mos. old. We went on every ride without a height restriction or a long line, and he did great (including HM, Pirates, Pooh, Peter Pan, Alladin, all the "slow" rides at Epcot, etc). He also loved the shows, particularly at MGM (little mermaid and playhouse disney). We didn't take him to the Bug show at AK, though, because I've been to it before and thought it would be WAY to intense for a little one (I remember hearing kids crying all over the theater).

The other thing we watched out for was long lines; he had (and still has) no patience to wait in line (just wants to run, run, run), so we would basically hop on anything with a wait time under 10 minutes or use Fast Pass. In the meantime, he was just thrilled to look at all the sights and sounds outside the rides, and walk, crawl and explore all over the parks.

P.S. - don't forget the all important afternoon nap break!;)

My DD was sixteen months old on our first trip and she still loves the rides now that she most enjoyed then. I will mention now that she was terrified of the characters on that trip. She loved them and waved at them from a distance but, when they got close up she was very scared!

Well, her favourite in the MK was and still is Small World. Pirates of the Caribbean, Peter Pans Flight, Dumbo, Cinderellas Golden Carousel, Haunted Mansion, Country Bear Jamboree and the Pooh Bear ride are also great bets, as is Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin. Donald Duck's Boat.

She loved lots of things in Epcot - the favourite being Spaceship Earth. She was also fascinated by the boat ride in the Land and the boat ride in Mexico. Plus, anywhere she could get wet - she really enjoyed!

MGM - the Great Movie Ride, the Little Mermaid, Backlot Tour, Bear in the Big Blue House.

AK: Legend of the Lion King, Kilimanjaro Safaris, the dig site and slides in Dinoland USA.

Everyone thought I was mad taking a 16 month old over to WDW all the way from the UK but, there is so much to see and do there - she never got bored. Have a great trip.

Cinderella, I had the same experience! My 14 month old was scared to death of the characters, but loved the rides, including the Haunted Mansion! I guess at that age they'd rather just "look" (though this doesn't apply to inanimate objects - grabbing everything in sight at the gift shops).:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter