Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, may have spoken too soon...stalled at 63 for fifteen minutes or so...
original.gif

It means I have the app opened to the main screen, then go back to the phone home screen (app icons) before I open it again (which just wakes the app from sleep/unsuspends). As opposed to closing the app, and killing it off via the task manager.

Another way to put that is - when I re-open the app I do not see the app splash screen with the fireworks, as it's already loaded past that earlier.

I'm an iOS developer and re-opening an app is pretty common point when an application might do some data refreshing.

When I do this on my Samsung Galaxy S10, I have to wait for the splash screen with the fireworks. It doesn't just relaunch immediately.

When I do this on my Samsung Galaxy S10, I have to wait for the splash screen with the fireworks. It doesn't just relaunch immediately.

I have the S9 and it seems to vary for me. Sometimes it will open right back and other times, it will start over with the fireworks. There doesn't seem to be any reason.

So it came back after about half an hour. I wouldn't rule out mid-day diagnostics.

As of 3:40, all regular groups have called. That leaves about 5 hours for backup groups. Can we see a new record today?
That’s really interesting that it only went down for 30 minutes today rather than the70-90 we’ve been seeing that is needed to cycle the system and bring it back online. I wonder if Disney’s also noted the mid-day gremlins and took it down on purpose for diagnostics like you said, in order to avoid another longer downtime, or worse, another yesterday.

That’s really interesting that it only went down for 30 minutes today rather than the70-90 we’ve been seeing that is needed to cycle the system and bring it back online. I wonder if Disney’s also noted the mid-day gremlins and took it down on purpose for diagnostics like you said, in order to avoid another longer downtime, or worse, another yesterday.
It depends on what broke when it broke down. The longer breaks are related to a certain part of the ride.

Got reservations to build a droid and to get a drink in the cantina, both in the late afternoon next Tuesday. I guess it would just be silly to cancel the reservations, but I am wondering if I am able to get a BG that morning, and if it overlaps with the reservations, how I might handle it. Not honoring the reservations costs a little scratch, but I guess if I think of it as the cost of getting on the ride, IDK.

ETA, also if I am successful on Sunday in getting on ROR then maybe I'll not be so anxious about it on Tuesday.

I am noticing a new trend in the disneyland Facebook groups I’m in. People are posting pictures of the morning crowds of everyone stuck on Main Street. People aren’t realizing that the crowds disperse once rope is dropped and a good number of people leave too.
This is why this group is helpful to have the true information.

I'm still in some (friends added me), but I mostly ignore them. I used to try to be helpful like all of us are here, but the reaction I got was not pretty. No one really seems to care about having correct information. Tell them something that contradicts "what they read from some clearly salty blogger who is spreading incorrect information"? You're wrong and how dare you! 🙄

I've offered privately to a couple friends the tips and tricks from this thread (if they want them) and the rest of the forum, but I just stay silent in those groups now. Not worth my time.

On the other hand the misinformation being spread as gospel is hilarious :rotfl:

Got reservations to build a droid and to get a drink in the cantina, both in the late afternoon next Tuesday. I guess it would just be silly to cancel the reservations, but I am wondering if I am able to get a BG that morning, and if it overlaps with the reservations, how I might handle it. Not honoring the reservations costs a little scratch, but I guess if I think of it as the cost of getting on the ride, IDK.
Other folks in this thread have mentioned that, at least with Dining reservations, they told the restaurant's check-in staff that they had BGs coming up, and the staff told them to prioritize ROTR - that they would be seated when they returned. If you manage to get a BG on Tuesday (and I'd suggest trying for one), just stop by Oga's and Droid Depot if it looks like the reservation might conflict - I'd bet they'd be willing to accommodate you. (You could even check with them on Monday and ask to make sure.)

ETA, also if I am successful on Sunday in getting on ROR then maybe I'll not be so anxious about it on Tuesday.
They've been very accommodating to others in your situation. If you have a conflict, just swing by and let the CM checking folks in know and they'll work with you.

Other folks in this thread have mentioned that, at least with Dining reservations, they told the restaurant's check-in staff that they had BGs coming up, and the staff told them to prioritize ROTR - that they would be seated when they returned. If you manage to get a BG on Tuesday (and I'd suggest trying for one), just stop by Oga's and Droid Depot if it looks like the reservation might conflict - I'd bet they'd be willing to accommodate you. (You could even check with them on Monday and ask to make sure.)
Yeah that makes sense. And I'm sure many, many things have been explained multiple times at this point, but I sure appreciate it from everyone. Going to have a blast!!

For a first timer, I am not missing Pirates of the Caribbean, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, and am a little bummed Haunted Mansion will be closed, along with Grizzly Peak. I plan to ride the Falcon as many times as is practical, and to fastpass the heck out of California Adventure the one day we're there. I'll be shocked if my young ones can make it three days with as much as we have in store for them, though. They're lazy couch kids, not lying. I may just shove sugar down their mouths. I used to walk 2 miles to get to the bus stop when I was a kid, then another 45 minute ride to school. And in the 110 afternoon sun it was up like 2 small hills, 2 moderates ones, and I think 3 holy cow this is terrible (and at the end) kind of hills. I really am that cliche. My kids just don't have that so we will see how this goes. Boy is 7 and girl is 4. She is braver than he is. I think we're going to be going more for the "let's have a great experience" than "how many rides can we cram in a day", but we are all very, very excited!!

I am noticing a new trend in the disneyland Facebook groups I’m in. People are posting pictures of the morning crowds of everyone stuck on Main Street. People aren’t realizing that the crowds disperse once rope is dropped and a good number of people leave too.
This is why this group is helpful to have the true information.
That’s been happening since day 1. It’s unfortunate because I know a lot of people buying the 3-day tickets, but they are staying away from the “crazy crowds” right now, so they’ll all come later and jam the parks at some unsuspecting time! They’re convinced those Main Street pictures = reality all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter