Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it looks like we are done at group 158, which gives us 151 called...which is 10 more than yesterday's 141 called and 5 more than Sunday's 146 called. These likely account for all BGs issued, though it is hard to know that. 10 is a nice increment. I expect tomorrow they will release 5 or 10 more than this as they continue to ratchet up.

It does beg the question (which we'll never learn the answer to) of what they changed last Thursday that has given us this amazing run of 5 days, all of which have exceeded the performance of the attraction's first 28 days in operation. This does not appear to be a statistical anomaly - something definitely changed. Yes there have been down times, but despite those they have been able to maintain good throughput while the attraction is up.

Hopefully they can take whatever it is they've learned here and apply it to the other coast...We'll know they've really gotten things under control when both versions are showing consistent throughput.

So I only have the experience of going on the ride Saturday of opening weekend (BG 92 called at 5:25pm) and then this past Friday (BG 19 called at 8:53am). Friday was definitely a different experience in that it felt as though they had packed more people into the ride which made me wonder if they increased the number of people in each boarding group. Our first time it was eerily empty.

So I only have the experience of going on the ride Saturday of opening weekend (BG 92 called at 5:25pm) and then this past Friday (BG 19 called at 8:53am). Friday was definitely a different experience in that it felt as though they had packed more people into the ride which made me wonder if they increased the number of people in each boarding group. Our first time it was eerily empty.
I’m wondering if you road right after downtime the first time through. They are also definitely taking in more riders per an hour now than opening weekend.

No spoilers, but hasn't it been mentioned that the ride seems to be in B mode? Perhaps that is what is allowing the better performance.
B mode doesn’t affect ride performance. The ride is set up with the b mode so it can continue to take riders at the normal rate.

Just wanted to add that elements of the ride can operate in B mode, but unless every element is like that, it is mischaracterizing the ride to say it operates in B mode. Some things may not work (first time rider wouldn’t even know) or other things will be replaced with a different effect. They designed this ride with so many elements with a contingency for nearly every one, every rider will have a 90% minimum enjoyment. (Unless Disneyland has been walking riders thru a pre show like they do at wdw, but I haven’t heard.) To me, Disneyland has a higher standard in that so long as all major elements of the ride are working, they let people on. If not, the people wait until a minimum operational standard is achieved..

I’m wondering if you road right after downtime the first time through. They are also definitely taking in more riders per an hour now than opening weekend.

It’s possible, but the interesting thing is that our actual queue time was much longer the first time as opposed to the second time. Our second time we had a decent amount of wait time between checking in with our pass and then actually having it scanned, but the rest of the line moved steadily after that point. Everything else felt crammed the second time without going into spoilers....🤷🏼‍♀️

Group 20!!!!!! Thanks for all your help everyone
Congratulations! All your research here paid off! Did your family enjoy the ride?

BOARDING GROUP 8!!
Great! How did your family like it? Did you use DAS for your daughter or the regular line?

I tried to do that [i.e. show a screen shot] when getting a return time and the CM made me show it to her from my app.
Good to know! Thanks for posting this.

... As you mention above, it wouldn’t help to place a test mobile order, since you can do this even when not scanned in (though that would at least show me if I’m signed into my account in the app—I noticed that the app sometimes signs me out, seemingly without any good reason)...
The app also signs us out (most often DH), and it is super annoying! Usually happens most often right before the app updates.

We're heading into the parks next week. How long is it taking everyone to get through security??? We're going next Tues-Thurs and we have magic mornings on Tuesday plus a pre-opening breakfast reservation on Wednesday. I'm wondering how much time I should allot for getting through security since clearly it's not business as usual at the moment. We will be entering at Harbor.
So what time does security open to get in to the main lines on a morning with no early hour like tomorrow?
If you've been reading the daily posts from people as they arrive at the gates in the morning, the earlier they arrive, the faster they clear security. Arriving between 6:30-7 am for an 8 am opening gets people through security in about 5-10 minutes. Arriving even 15-20 minutes later increases that time exponentially.
According to the DLR website (https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney...ntown-disney-security-checkpoint-open-419225/), Security opens about 30 minutes before the earliest park opening -- but posters here have noted that the stations are open earlier than that now.

... This, IMO, is one of the biggest flaws with the virtual queue. Not everyone has the flexibility, or patience, to wait all day.
Or the physical health to wait all day. Which is one reason the virtual queue is such a challenge for DAS users. Things will get better -- we'll just have to wait.

... It does beg the question (which we'll never learn the answer to) of what they changed last Thursday that has given us this amazing run of 5 days, all of which have exceeded the performance of the attraction's first 28 days in operation...
Maybe they finally fired R3X and put R2 back in position?? (You just know R3X has been dying to get in there and "help" whenever Oga's not looking...)

We did not use DAS. We wanted to experience the entire queue. My 9yo daughter was scared and cried during parts of the attraction.
Did her fear surprise you or did you expect it (especially when/where it happened)? (Hope that makes sense -- I'm trying to ask without giving any spoilers or asking you to give any either!) I know someone else posted earlier that her SN son was fearful and anxious about the intensity of the action and about the weapons, so they watched YouTube ride through videos to prepare before riding.

We did not use DAS. We wanted to experience the entire queue. My 9yo daughter was scared and cried during parts of the attraction.
Did her fear surprise you or did you expect it (especially when/where it happened)? (Hope that makes sense -- I'm trying to ask without giving any spoilers or asking you to give any either!) I know someone else posted earlier that her SN son was fearful and anxious about the intensity of the action and about the weapons, so they watched YouTube ride through videos to prepare before riding.
There are for sure some parts that can scare kids. When we rode a little boy was crying when we were getting off...

There are for sure some parts that can scare kids. When we rode a little boy was crying when we were getting off...
It's so hard to prepare parents without any spoilers! For parents who don't mind spoilers, you can go to the ride spoiler thread to find out/ask about the scary parts: Rise of the Resistance experience *Ride Spoilers* (Photos on Pg. 5). We have a friend (young adult) who is very sensitive to scary things -- she couldn't even make it through the queue for IJA -- so I'm not sure she'll be able to do this ride, even though she's been asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter