Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
we’re close enough to Buzz to maaaaaybe think we have a chance of grabbing one that way if needed.
@Skyegirl1999 - Does it look like they’ve stationed extra CMs near the FP machines? If there are CMs with iPads, they can help guests join BGs with immediate results.

We needed a CM’s assistance at Studios because only I was recognized as being in the park. The CM quickly added DH and DD to the BG I booked for myself.

Following along as we’re back to being DLR APs and will be in DL soon!

Will go back and read, but EMH only covers guests at DL Hotel and Grand Californian, no? If so, even if every single guest wanted to get a BG at EMH opening, there would probably be still be regular BGs available to offsite guests? If so, I could see (I hope) allowing EMH guests to get a BG first, since this might help split the attendance to on/off property days. On-property, just go to EMH and don't worry about it, and stay away from the non-EMH days, thus leaving more BGs open for local and offsite guests.

Note: I am staying onsite in April, so I may have some bias here... but one distinction with DL and WDW is that WDW has so many onsite guests (possibly 100k in 30k rooms, acc to Google) that having morning EMH would shut out all offsite guests *and* a large number of onsite guests. So the fairness aspect of EMH may be different here.

Note2: We got up "at the buttcrack of dawn" as my friend called it, to ride RotR 2x at WDW. 5:30am with a double stroller. It was worth it.
Guests with 3 day or longer tickets bought in advance have magic morning during EMH at Disneyland.

Will go back and read, but EMH only covers guests at DL Hotel and Grand Californian, no? If so, even if every single guest wanted to get a BG at EMH opening, there would probably be still be regular BGs available to offsite guests? If so, I could see (I hope) allowing EMH guests to get a BG first, since this might help split the attendance to on/off property days. On-property, just go to EMH and don't worry about it, and stay away from the non-EMH days, thus leaving more BGs open for local and offsite guests.

Note: I am staying onsite in April, so I may have some bias here... but one distinction with DL and WDW is that WDW has so many onsite guests (possibly 100k in 30k rooms, acc to Google) that having morning EMH would shut out all offsite guests *and* a large number of onsite guests. So the fairness aspect of EMH may be different here.

Note2: We got up "at the buttcrack of dawn" as my friend called it, to ride RotR 2x at WDW. 5:30am with a double stroller. It was worth it.
EMH is for Disneyland resort hotel guests only at DCA, however for Disneyland it is also open to some guests at “good neighbor” hotels as well as people with 3-day park hopper tickets.
Also, it’s my understanding from WDW DHS that BGs open afternoon published park opening only and does not open early for EMH guests,

Also, it’s my understanding from WDW DHS that BGs open afternoon published park opening only and does not open early for EMH guests,
They did a morning EMH at WDW in December (with a different process in place than the current one) and it was a total disaster; they just cancelled all the morning EMH after that and added evening ones instead. Can't really do that at Disneyland, so tomorrow will be interesting. Still picturing people refusing to get in their Space Mountain car at 7:58.

Nothing at DCA has a posted wait over 5 minutes 🤣 (to be fair though, RSR is down)

Disneyland is showing wait times in the app for Fantasyland - did they open some rides?
It's also showing 15 min wait for MFSR:

Last edited:
@Skyegirl1999 - Does it look like they’ve stationed extra CMs near the FP machines? If there are CMs with iPads, they can help guests join BGs with immediate results.

We needed a CM’s assistance at Studios because only I was recognized as being in the park. The CM quickly added DH and DD to the BG I booked for myself.

Following along as we’re back to being DLR APs and will be in DL soon!
There are a bunch of CMs by the Buzz FP machines. They’re distributing that way, so no iPads that I can see.

Waiting & watching from SF, CA. We’ll be in the parks next in August 2020, so I’ll spend a lot of time on this thread between now and then, honing our “plan of attack.” Thank you to all of you here today for testing the system for those of us to come later! May the odds be ever in your favor... oooops... wrong fandom...
😜

Loving all the reports. 19 minutes to go! I wish you all luck and can't wait to give it a shot tomorrow myself!!!

The closest GET CM would be the hub on the right side and in Tomorrowland just outside the StarTours giftshop. They would be ones I would hang out near for those with WiFi to poor signal too if can't get to Buzz stations

Been milling about between the hub and town square and it’s much more crowded now. I think showing up later would’ve worked in most cases. The only advantage of showing up early right now is being closer to CMs distributing BG to those with app issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter