Rise of The Resistance Opening?

So we don't know the answers to for something but here are my thoughts/guesses (in blue):
  • Will they have early morning hours at HS? .... That is the big question. Nothing has been announced. Personally I think they will do *something* but likely not 3 hours every day like they had. And maybe nothing official but would expect them to let people into the land before the rest of the park opens to some extent
I think the last part is definitely something they'll do. I wouldn't be surprised if its an extra hour every day. It's not a lot, but it's something. Beat the crowd and still wait 45 minutes for that, then another hour for MF. I'd say they could add night hours, as that would sorta alleviate some of the issues due to MK closing for the parties.

I think the last part is definitely something they'll do. I wouldn't be surprised if its an extra hour every day. It's not a lot, but it's something. Beat the crowd and still wait 45 minutes for that, then another hour for MF. I'd say they could add night hours, as that would sorta alleviate some of the issues due to MK closing for the parties.

I just think they need to do *something* to provide a benefit to staying on site. if there are no FP+ for it, then you don't get that 60+ day benefit to try to get one vs the 30 days for those off property. If they don't give some sort of extra hours to on site guests than there is no benefit to staying on property for GE

I just think they need to do *something* to provide a benefit to staying on site. if there are no FP+ for it, then you don't get that 60+ day benefit to try to get one vs the 30 days for those off property. If they don't give some sort of extra hours to on site guests than there is no benefit to staying on property for GE
Now that is very true and makes absolute sense.

Is anyone watching to see if the hours for HS change for Dec.? Kidding, I'm sure loads are - including me. Will be watching more closely now that my trip is getting closer. First HS day won't be until the 11th, reports should be plentiful the first few days (but hoping we'll know the hours ahead of time!).

Is anyone watching to see if the hours for HS change for Dec.? Kidding, I'm sure loads are - including me. Will be watching more closely now that my trip is getting closer. First HS day won't be until the 11th, reports should be plentiful the first few days (but hoping we'll know the hours ahead of time!).
It seems that I look 5 times a day. We have been planning an 10 day stay for close to two years. This is the longest stay we have ever been able to afford. We have ADRs, FPs, two hotel reservations at DVC resorts with rented points, TouringPlans subscription, spreadsheets, etc. We are Star Wars fans. But I can't plan our two mornings and two evenings at DHS until they tell us what they are going to do.

It seems that I look 5 times a day. We have been planning an 10 day stay for close to two years. This is the longest stay we have ever been able to afford. We have ADRs, FPs, two hotel reservations at DVC resorts with rented points, TouringPlans subscription, spreadsheets, etc. We are Star Wars fans. But I can't plan our two mornings and two evenings at DHS until they tell us what they are going to do.
This is exactly our problem, we are trying to plan the best we can (first 2 weeks of December) but until the confirm extra hours - or no further extra hours - we feel that we are frozen from planning our DHS days.

This is exactly our problem, we are trying to plan the best we can (first 2 weeks of December) but until the confirm extra hours - or no further extra hours - we feel that we are frozen from planning our DHS days.
I feel your pain.

I'm not going til the end of next January - but I have my dates in as a 'trip' at Touring Plans - and they email me when a park changes its hours for a day I'm planning to attend. Just in case that's useful info for anyone waiting for changes of hours for December :-)

I'm not going til the end of next January - but I have my dates in as a 'trip' at Touring Plans - and they email me when a park changes its hours for a day I'm planning to attend. Just in case that's useful info for anyone waiting for changes of hours for December :-)
We have that also. Just complaining about waiting.

Waiting is hard for us uber planners, isn't it? This trip is easier for me to wait, though....we're bringing our 15 mo old granddaughter and that alone has made me more of a "we'll see what happens" sort of trip planner for THIS trip only ;)

If the attraction is opening on 12/5 (one month away!), we'll know in the next couple of weeks. No news on Early Morning Hours at HS makes me think a delay could be coming...

If the attraction is opening on 12/5 (one month away!), we'll know in the next couple of weeks. No news on Early Morning Hours at HS makes me think a delay could be coming...
I think at this point a delay in the opening date is very unlikely. I think a more realistic thing is for the ride to operate on limited hours. In other words, it opens late or closes early. If this happens, I do think it will be managed better than what Haggrid’s was. Too much is ridding on this ride for Disney to totally screw it up from an operations standpoint.

I think WDW is waiting to see what the crowds do at HS this and next week (since the end of the EEMHs on Nov2nd) before they announce any EMH for the Holiday season.

I dont think they will have any EMH until Thanksgiving week just so they DO get visually busy crowds for the publicity.

From what I saw from Josh, HS/SWGE was finally busy again like SWGE opening week (not opening day).

I think WDW is waiting to see what the crowds do at HS this and next week (since the end of the EEMHs on Nov2nd) before they announce any EMH for the Holiday season.

I dont think they will have any EMH until Thanksgiving week just so they DO get visually busy crowds for the publicity.

From what I saw from Josh, HS/SWGE was finally busy again like SWGE opening week (not opening day).
I can fully understand this, however, they also know full well that come Dec 5th when RotR opens it's going to be complete madness with people trying to get into the park for the new "biggest ever" Disney ride/experience.

So really, to ease people's fears and frustrations they could easily announce extra hours/boarding parties etc etc so people can prepare. At the moment everyone is just praying they give them a chance to get on the ride.

That also worries me. Low attendance gave a psychologically perception that other people were avoiding it and maybe the high cost isn't worth it. So WDW might go the other way to correct this with "Look everybody! It's packed. Everybody wants to be in SWGE."

I can fully understand this, however, they also know full well that come Dec 5th when RotR opens it's going to be complete madness with people trying to get into the park for the new "biggest ever" Disney ride/experience.
And I think it would be a mistake for WDW not to expand hours and let crowds get out of control. WDW needs to continue proving they can handle and control the masses. With many openings for the 50th, WDW should attempt to reassure trip planning guests that new rides can be enjoyed without sacrificing our sanity.

If I had to guess, I would assume they will handle it exactly like the did the initial opening of GE. They will start the Boarding Groups again and you will not be able to enter GE unless you have a reservation or are part of that current Boarding Group. If anyone remembers how far back the lines were for FoP when it opened, which were back all the way across the bridge, I can safely assume they don't want that happening in GE. There's so much riding on the opening of this ride that I would submit they are going to do everything they can to make sure it's as pleasurable as possible with minimal frustration for all involved.

The Boarding Groups worked well and I would think that's why you have not seen it leave the MDE app, because they always planned to utilize it for the RotR opening as well.

I am there the first week of December. I have chosen to skip opening day and go the next day. That may what everyone else does as well and it may turn out to be even worse, but we will just have to see.

If I had to guess, I would assume they will handle it exactly like the did the initial opening of GE. They will start the Boarding Groups again and you will not be able to enter GE unless you have a reservation or are part of that current Boarding Group. If anyone remembers how far back the lines were for FoP when it opened, which were back all the way across the bridge, I can safely assume they don't want that happening in GE. There's so much riding on the opening of this ride that I would submit they are going to do everything they can to make sure it's as pleasurable as possible with minimal frustration for all involved.

The Boarding Groups worked well and I would think that's why you have not seen it leave the MDE app, because they always planned to utilize it for the RotR opening as well.

I am there the first week of December. I have chosen to skip opening day and go the next day. That may what everyone else does as well and it may turn out to be even worse, but we will just have to see.
Looking forward to your report!! We'll be there the 11th, so plenty of time to come here and check out your thoughts and best strategies (kidding, but would totally appreciate it if you did!!). I do have a res. for Oga's that morning, so sounds like we'll at least be able to get in the land. My son will have DAS, I've read they are accepting it for Falcon - anyone think they will also have it for RoR? And if so, which one do you think we should get a return time for first?

Looking forward to your report!! We'll be there the 11th, so plenty of time to come here and check out your thoughts and best strategies (kidding, but would totally appreciate it if you did!!). I do have a res. for Oga's that morning, so sounds like we'll at least be able to get in the land. My son will have DAS, I've read they are accepting it for Falcon - anyone think they will also have it for RoR? And if so, which one do you think we should get a return time for first?
We're going the 12th :D Personally I'd plan to DAS RoR 1st because it's probably higher demand where we won't see wait times dip later in the day? Then check back the week before your trip to confirm that choice.

GE might be more hectic during our dates than it's looked the past couple months. HS will be awesome anyway with all the extra Holiday stuff to enjoy too. Have fun! Hope HS does us correct with spreading hours and crowds so it's not a total madhouse the park over.

Disney cancelled Early Morning Hours for Hollywood Studios for December 4th - and I changed my flight to take advantage of them
maybe they'll reinstate them????

Disney cancelled Early Morning Hours for Hollywood Studios for December 4th - and I changed my flight to take advantage of them
maybe they'll reinstate them????
Disney haven't cancelled any early hours because the EEMH ended on November 2nd as planned. We are all hoping for more hours to be added in December, especially because so many of us want to experience Rise of the Resistance.

We can only hope they are added this Friday as many people are suggesting that's when any update will be made. (fingers crossed).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter