RIV - Tower Studio VS Deluxe Studio

Hand sanitizer is not sufficient for a gondola car. The major vector for transmission is breathing and talking in enclosed areas, much more than touching stuff.

I think the gondola will be down for a while.

Hand sanitizer is not sufficient for a gondola car. The major vector for transmission is breathing and talking in enclosed areas, much more than touching stuff.

I think the gondola will be down for a while.
If they mandated windows open and only loaded half the cars(so it could air out before the next station) then it would seem to be much better than busses or subways.

If they mandated windows open and only loaded half the cars(so it could air out before the next station) then it would seem to be much better than busses or subways.
I think one issue is going to be the difficulty enforcing masks in the cars.

It would be great if social distancing meant they no longer combined groups in a Skyliner car.

I would be willing to bet that this will be the case. I don't see how they could combine groups and still adhere to social distancing guidelines. Even in busy times this will have to happen as long as these guidelines remain in place. This means that the line to get on Skyliner will be longer but it does move quickly so shouldn't be too much of an issue.

I do think it would be difficult to sanitize the gondolas between each guest, I think they would need to send in at least two cast members to clean the gondola if they hope to fully sanitize between riders. I don't know if it will be necessary to sanitize between each group but if they do I think it could be very challenging.

Yes - we know this but are usually the people who book at the first minute possible at 11 month mark. We just bought in Feb and have not stayed but just curious. A bit of a shock with the higher point charts now that the honey-mood of owning DVC has gone away. Regardless, we love having this and planning things constantly. If we want to stay in DS, we will need more points for sure.

This is not an answer to your question but I just want to say I was surprised by the high point cost of this resort. We always stay at BW (DHs favorite & our home resort) but I was considering booking a couple of days at RV to try it out this coming Jan 2021. I looked at the point chart and compared to BW point chart, WOW there really is a big difference. I realize that RV is brand spanking new and a very nice resort but I don't think I can justify paying the higher point cost and not be guaranteed a good view. Maybe one day we will try it but I don't think it will be in 2021.

Regardless of what I think about the cost to stay at this resort I hope that you and all others who own at this resort enjoy your DVC experience as much as we have. Welcome to the DVC family. :butterfly

I would be afraid over time that these units will be even harder to book then the value studios. I have enough stress booking VGF studios. Won’t repeat that again.

I would be willing to bet that this will be the case. I don't see how they could combine groups and still adhere to social distancing guidelines. Even in busy times this will have to happen as long as these guidelines remain in place. This means that the line to get on Skyliner will be longer but it does move quickly so shouldn't be too much of an issue.

I do think it would be difficult to sanitize the gondolas between each guest, I think they would need to send in at least two cast members to clean the gondola if they hope to fully sanitize between riders. I don't know if it will be necessary to sanitize between each group but if they do I think it could be very challenging.

With the new CDC guidelines, the necessity to sanitize objects will likely be greatly reduced. They won’t need to clean gondolas after every use. Likewise any of the rides and other forms of transportation. As others have said, if the vents are left open, it’s almost like being outdoors which has a low/no risk of infection.

With the new CDC guidelines, the necessity to sanitize objects will likely be greatly reduced. They won’t need to clean gondolas after every use. Likewise any of the rides and other forms of transportation. As others have said, if the vents are left open, it’s almost like being outdoors which has a low/no risk of infection.

I agree, glad the CDC came out with updated guidelines.

My wife and I stayed in a TS for a week in January. We both agreed we'd stay in a deluxe studio going forward. We didn't hate the room, but definitely want more space and comfort next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter