Rivers of light wheelchair/ECV access

can you have your spouse next to you if your in a wheelchair up top?
Yes.
There is one seat for a companion like your spouse next to each wheelchair spot.
If you have more than one companion, they would not necessarily have a spot next to you.

Should we be concerned that Rivers of Light doesn't show on the Disney World calendar for our entire trip the end of January?

Should we be concerned that Rivers of Light doesn't show on the Disney World calendar for our entire trip the end of January?
It runs on ‘select nights’ and I don’t know how far out the schedule is set.
Wdwinfo has it as ‘none’ on the January month map.
Touring Plans has it listed on their daily maps for January.

As an alternative let me suggest the outdoor seating behind and below Flame Tree Barbecue. With a double and a single stroller as well as an ECV, we (party of 7) found that being able to eat at tables and roam a contained covered picnic-type area with a water view of ROL a stress-free alternative. Yes, you cannot see the projections(they are on the trees around you apparently), but the space on a bridge to the table area gave us elbow room and an unobstructed view...and no waiting time, no problem for a child sleeping reclined in the stroller, and no one minded the little ones moving around, dancing, etc. Viewed Jan. 2019.

I just saw this thread. I go to Disney solo and rent an ECV (from ScooterBug). I got the last spot available up front last time, and it was amazing. I had a hard time navigating the ECV into the spot and they all cheered me after. LOL. But it was worth it. I ended up recording the entire show, and don't think I could have possibly had a better view. It was such a great experience. I've never gotten to see Fantasmic close enough to enjoy it, and if it isn't too cold (since everyone says you'll get wet in the front row there), I might try to see if I can get up front there on my upcoming trip.

My "Rivers of Light" front row video

Any updates since last December? Is this still not on the DAS? How hard is it to get a spot without a fastpass? It is considered a tier one or two? Trip will be solo, so there is no getting in line, then sending someone to ask the CM a question. :-)

Any updates since last December? Is this still not on the DAS? How hard is it to get a spot without a fastpass? It is considered a tier one or two? Trip will be solo, so there is no getting in line, then sending someone to ask the CM a question. :-)

It’s a tier two and also relatively easy to get as a last minute day-of fastpass, depending on the crowd level, of course.

Last December 2019, I didn't have a very good experience using a Fast Pass+ and finding the line in the dark. I was sent to the wrong line by three inexperienced Disney cast members. There was no one in the FP+ line and I was directed to get in line with everyone in front of me past the Fast Pass+ actual entrance. There was no one lined up at the Fast Pass+ entrance is very hidden, but there was a line already in the regular line.

By the time I was ready to enter, I asked if they wanted to see my FP+ and they took me back to the correct Fast Pass+ entrance where all of the rear and even front spaces were taken.

A Disney cast member sent me to the other wheelchair entrance, but the show was about to start and there were no more spaces for my wheelchair.

rivers-of-light-dessert-party-check-in.jpg

That area to the very top was the poorly designated FP+ entrance.

Blog Mickey was highlighting the desert party area entrance in red.

Way at the bottom out of the picture was where I was directed to enter. It was past the Nemo Show building shown in the bottom right. I see a path in the area in front of the Nemo Show building, but they directed me even further to far left seating not in the photo.

This was the standby line that I was directed to go and when I have not had a FP+, I didn't have any issues getting a space nor waiting in line. It is also a bit hidden, but not behind a regular line like in the photo below.

rivers-of-light-dessert-party-review-08062018-1_LI.jpg

I was in the rear line which is red. I didn't see the other space for the FP+ guests. There was no one in that line yet. Very frustrating, but I won't make that mistake again.

And I was very early.

Last December 2019, I didn't have a very good experience using a Fast Pass+ and finding the line in the dark. I was sent to the wrong line by three inexperienced Disney cast members. There was no one in the FP+ line and I was directed to get in line with everyone in front of me past the Fast Pass+ actual entrance. There was no one lined up at the Fast Pass+ entrance is very hidden, but there was a line already in the regular line.

By the time I was ready to enter, I asked if they wanted to see my FP+ and they took me back to the correct Fast Pass+ entrance where all of the rear and even front spaces were taken.

A Disney cast member sent me to the other wheelchair entrance, but the show was about to start and there were no more spaces for my wheelchair.

rivers-of-light-dessert-party-check-in.jpg

That area to the very top was the poorly designated FP+ entrance.

Blog Mickey was highlighting the desert party area entrance in red.

Way at the bottom out of the picture was where I was directed to enter. It was past the Nemo Show building shown in the bottom right. I see a path in the area in front of the Nemo Show building, but they directed me even further to far left seating not in the photo.

This was the standby line that I was directed to go and when I have not had a FP+, I didn't have any issues getting a space nor waiting in line. It is also a bit hidden, but not behind a regular line like in the photo below.

rivers-of-light-dessert-party-review-08062018-1_LI.jpg

I was in the rear line which is red. I didn't see the other space for the FP+ guests. There was no one in that line yet. Very frustrating, but I won't make that mistake again.

And I was very early.

I am so sorry that you had that experience. Disney does need to do a better job at training their employees. We have come across many cast members that are clueless about their job. Am I the only one who thinks that wheelchair spots should be for ONLY wheelchairs? If you are in a rented ECV, you obviously can walk a few feet to a regular seat. Priority should always be given to those that are not mobile. Especially in a limited event like this.

I am so sorry that you had that experience. Disney does need to do a better job at training their employees. We have come across many cast members that are clueless about their job. Am I the only one who thinks that wheelchair spots should be for ONLY wheelchairs? If you are in a rented ECV, you obviously can walk a few feet to a regular seat. Priority should always be given to those that are not mobile. Especially in a limited event like this.

I consider it a lesson learned and I will definitely now where to go next time if I have a Fast Pass+ for Rivers of Light. I already know where the standby line is. I guess I was a little frustrated since I had a similar experience the night before at another park.

I went to the Customer Service building at the Animal Kingdom entrance after entering the gates. I was told that I would be directed by cast members when I got there. They didn't show me where the FP+ entrance was located on the map. And at the time that is why I went to see them because I didn't see it on my AK guide map either. Things happen. Ninety-nine percent of the time I am always helped by Disney cast members.

I guess the pole with the sign should have an arrow pointed to the right to the FP+ entrance since the sign is so close to the other entrance when guests are lined up early and are so near the FP+ entrance.

In the photo above there was only one line of guests (red line) waiting in front of the FP+ sign.

There was no one sitting on the side like in the photo. I just went where I was told instead of assuming the FP+ sign was at the (blue line). It would be better for first-timers if the sign had an arrow pointing to the right because that area didn't look like any entrance.

Is Rivers of Light still not available as a DAS? With no DAS or Fastpass, do you just get in the regular line, or is there a different line for wheelchairs and scooters? Thanks.

Is Rivers of Light still not available as a DAS? With no DAS or Fastpass, do you just get in the regular line, or is there a different line for wheelchairs and scooters? Thanks.
I have not heard of anyone getting DAS for it, but Fastpass is usually still available for it late in the day For the same day.

For Fastpass, we were pulled out early after entering the Fastpass line. Since there are limited spaces, our experience is that they pull out people needing those spaces so there are not people with mobility devices waiting in line when all the spots are gone.

What they really could use is better lighting in the area (along with better signage).

Am I the only one who thinks that wheelchair spots should be for ONLY wheelchairs? If you are in a rented ECV, you obviously can walk a few feet to a regular seat. Priority should always be given to those that are not mobile. Especially in a limited event like this.
Although I definitely see your point and agree the 2 should be viewed differently, I would disagree that they should have to park their ECVs. The way they seat people could force someone to walk stairs or walk sideways to their bench seat down a long row, which could be uncomfortable/painful for them to do. I have an electric wheelchair myself, but I can walk short distances... so, how could they really draw that line? I think it would be very challenging for Disney and frustrating for guests. I’m just (slowly) learning that if in you’re in a chair of any sort, you’d better show up early!!

that would not work for me if steps involved as I can not do steps safely even with rail so I would need to take ECV to my seat then after show have someone bring it back to me against traffic going out of show as I have a rental ECV. I can jus hear all the complains as someone is bringing my ECV as they are trying to leave and those who will not be able to leave while I wait for ECVC

I am trying to find out if anyone knows what the wheelchair access is like for Rivers of Light? We were wondering if it might be safer to do a dining package, and are wondering if the dining package area is wheelchair accessible? Thanks in advance for any info anyone has!
We did the dining package and I’m in an ECV - no issues whatsoever, great seats. Have fun!

Am I the only one who thinks that wheelchair spots should be for ONLY wheelchairs? If you are in a rented ECV, you obviously can walk a few feet to a regular seat. Priority should always be given to those that are not mobile. Especially in a limited event like this.
It’s not “obviously” because I use an ECV for the parks so I don’t have to wheel myself or have other people in my party push me to avoid fatigue. I also bring along my wheelchair because I can’t do stairs. Just because you’re in an ECV doesn’t mean you’re mobile. 🤷‍♀️

Disney has closed this for good Maybe they have something else in its place that is better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!